Friday morning we headed out for San Antonio. The weather forecast had shown rain/bad weather all weekend, so we were prepared (okay, not really for how cold it was). Since SA was rainy on Friday we took our time going down there and made a few stops. First we stopped in Waco and went to the Dr. Pepper museum. We are both DP fans, but the museum wasn't that exciting. At least it kept us out of the rain. The kids were big fans because we got them soda there, which never happens.
Our next stop was to the Magnolia Market/silos. It is owned by Chip and Jojo from Fixer Upper on HGTV. I guess I didn't plan that too well since it was Black Friday and there were soooo many Texan women (the craziest breed). Craig went back to the museum to look for Lincoln's lost shoe and I was left there dragging two girls through the mayhem. They had a lot of cute stuff but I wasn't about to stand in those lines with the kids! Maybe another day with friends...
Next pit-stop was Austin for some BBQ at the Salt Lick. My sandwich was delicious. Also, the Texas State Capitol:
We pulled into San Antonio when it was dark so we just got some dinner and hung out in the hotel for an hour until bedtime. We set out bright and early for the Alamo. If you've never been, it's a little overrated, which I fortunately knew before going (I went in high school), but still interesting.
It was really cold out so the conditions weren't ideal for the Riverwalk, but we forged on.
We stopped in at a really good Mexican place on the Riverwalk before starting the drive home.
Another highlight was stopping at a Buc-ee's on the way home. You have never seen a bigger gas station/convenience store. It was truly Texas-sized and amazing. I'm not a big fan of Buzzfeed usually, but you should probably look at this list of reasons why Buc-ee's is awesome:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/trivandrum/reasons-why-buc-ees-is-the-best-travel-stop-9hpd
1 comment:
Looks like a fun trip. There is so much to see in the country. I'm glad you're taking the opportunity to explore.
Post a Comment