Friday, January 1, 2016

30, Flirty, and Thriving

I (Craig) am making a special guest post on the blog for Candice's 30th birthday.  In honor of Candice's big day, I have composed the following poem:

Candice, today is the anniversary of your birth
For 30 years you've been a source of great mirth
Your laughter is more contagious than the flu
And each day I'm lucky that I married you
Here's 30 things that without you I'd miss
I've written them down here in a list:

1 - You've stuck by my side for nearly 8 years
2 - Your fear of mice that brings you to tears
3 - You've come with me from Omaha to Dallas
4 - When I do dumb things, you show little malice
5 - Your green eyes light up my days
6 - Your beautiful smile is like the suns rays
7 - You've taught me a lot about fashion sense
8 - When you watch Amazing Race with me you get tense
9 - You do fun little competitions with me
10 - You have a disdain for chai (chai, chai) tea
11 - You're always proud to be a BYU fan
12 - Touch your nose with your tongue, you can
13 - You've almost been to all fifty states
14 - When shopping you find some amazing rates
15 - You drink kimchi juice straight from the jar
16 - You make up fun games to play in the car
17 - You're the greatest mother in the whole world
18 - Even though when you were pregnant you hurled
19 - You eat your meals with the greatest of speed
20 - Your delicious meals our family do feed
21 - Your faith is strong, and you know what is true
22 - Your favorite color is pink, not blue
23 - You have a love for the city of Chicago
24 - Although you're not a big fan of the snow
25 - At airports you walk faster than moving walkways
26 - And at one point entered me in lots of giveaways
27 - We have great memories of our "Cruise, cruise, cruise"
28 - And many more at various zoos
29 - You put up with me, and all of my flaws
30 - You've still got some time until menopause


Happy Birthday Candice!  We all love you!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

This post is pure magic. Way to go, Craig! Happy birthday to my favorite sister!

Misty Call said...

This is poem is too awesome! I am so impressed with Craig's poetic talent! Ha, but seriously, so sweet and fun! Happy Birthday sweet friend. We miss you guys!

SAM!!! said...

awesome Craig!

SAM!!! said...

Love the poem Craig! You even found a way to rhyme with menopause! I didn't know you knew so much about Jennifer Gardner rom-coms. The quote for the title is excellent :)
Happy Birthday!
-Teresa

Unknown said...

Bravo! Craig. What a great poem. Now Marian wants one in two weeks with 65 things I love. Yikes.

We love you too Candice!
Mom and Dad.