Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cruisin'.

Today we went cruising Nebraska style, on a riverboat down the Missouri. I bought a groupon for it a little while ago and we went with our friends/neighbors Scott and Annie. We quite enjoyed ourselves--I felt like we weren't in Omaha anymore, it was pretty, surprisingly no corpses of people and/or animals floated past the boat, our tickets included food, the weather was perfect, and we always have fun with the Springers.




Like Charlotte's shiner? Poor baby got jacked up by a Walmart shopping cart earlier this week--the seatbelt was loose on her, and she tipped over and hit her face on the side of the cart. I didn't think it was going to leave a mark because she only cried for a couple of minutes, but by the time we got home and I went to get her out of her carseat it was already bruised. Poor baby! Now it's kind of embarassing taking her places since it looks like we beat her...

Part of downtown Omaha. Craig's work is the building just left of the tallest skyscraper.
She does have some hair. Look at it blowing in the breeze!
Hanging out on the boat. The captain remarked that Charlotte is going to be a "manslayer" when she gets older....wow. Sounds aggressive.

The River City Star in all of her majesty and splendor.

Fun times.



In other news, Charlotte has been crawling for about a week now. For some reason my blog shuts down everytime I try to post a video of it. Lamesauce. She never did any kind of army-crawl so I thought it would be a while before she crawled at all, but she surprised us and is now getting around on her hands and knees! She loves all kinds of cords and trying to lick the bottoms of our shoes that we leave by the door. Craig went on a business trip to El Paso this week and I wanted to die. My headaches are back with a vengeance. Ugggggggggggggg. During the day I survive on Tylenol (which only marginally helps) and at night they wake me up and I rock myself back and forth like a crazy person while breathing like I'm in labor. They honestly are more painful than childbirth to me. Sounds extreme, but seriously. Luckily Craig came home last night and was not kidnapped by drug lords from across the border during his trip. So nice to have him home.

7 comments:

Hali said...

Even with a shiner, little C* is still absolutely presh. (And YOU look absolutley FABULOUS!) Glad ya'll are having some fun in ol' Omaha ;-)

Danny said...

What a fun day! I hate when my kids get bruises it makes me so sad. Char is so cute! So sorry about your headaches.

SAM!!! said...

or was he? dun dun duh!

Anonymous said...

this looks so fun! i want to move somewhere else for a while and have a little adventure.

manslayer?? hahaha i wouldn't have known quite how to respond to that one. haha

K said...

The Springers, possibly more than any other married couple I've ever seen, look like they're brother and sister. Or maybe they're not married and you hang out with a brother and sister that are so close they hold hands.
How was El Paso? I've wanted to go there for a while. I can't believe Craig was in Texas and didn't visit us. Hater.

Fabulous Featherette said...

Looks like fun! Love Little C's sandals. Hope your headaches have disappeared.

Caytee said...

Yay for Charlotte. I love the shiner! PS Glad Craig wasn't kidnapped by drug lords. ha ha.