Right after my parents picked us up from the airport, my dad suggested that I go Christmas shopping at H&M (if that doesn't illustrate how cool my dad is, then i don't know what does). Twist my arm. So we went. And it was very successful. So happy.
That night we met one of my best friends from home, Emily, for some Maggie Moo's. It was so good to see her! Craig was a good sport to sit there and listen to all of our reminiscing about how cool we were in elementary and high school.
Sunday we were invited to a special devotional at the Washington, D.C. temple.

The next day my mom took us to Montpelier--James Madison's home.
This is the view from his property. VA is so pretty.
With my mom.
Inside the gardens.

Craig in Madison's ice house.
That statue is the size that James and Dolley really were. ELVES.
The next day my mom took us to Montpelier--James Madison's home.
The next day Craig and I ventured up to D.C. to meet up with some of our best friends, the Youngs. They have been living there all semester--we miss them!
Washington Monument from the Jefferson Memorial.
Trains and freight will dominate the next 3 years of Craig's life, so this picture seemed appropriate. It's in the Museum of American History.
The Greensboro 4 lunch counter.

Capitol.
Joyous reunion with Aaron!
Future Omahans.
I've always liked this wall.
Korean Memorial.
Jefferson Memorial.
Capitol.
Thanksgiving Day we spent with my family. It was delicious.
Carter watching his dad and Craig play in the Turkey Bowl.
Craig is intense. Check out that nostril flareage!
Kirk.
We went to the VA Safari Park. As you can tell from the videos in the last post, we had a blast. It was so hilarious.
We went to the VA Safari Park. As you can tell from the videos in the last post, we had a blast. It was so hilarious.
4 comments:
I love your pictures! What a fun trip. I would love to get out there someday especially to see some of those memorials. Glad you had fun!
Candice, you look so cute in your scarf and boots! I have beautiful nieces... and a cool brother.
Sweet pictures! Looks like so much fun. And nice weather, too. Love you!
Omahans/fans of The Blind Side unite!
Post a Comment