Saturday, December 12, 2009

feeling Christmas cheer.

This year I scored us tickets to the MoTab Christmas Concert. It was SO good. Natalie Cole and David McCollough (author of 1776, etc) were the special guests. I will say that Natalie Cole's voice left something to be desired on certain songs, but regardless, it was awesome. It was fun to be able to clap in the Conference Center for once, watch all kinds of dance and see the prophet. They sang mostly traditional songs (which I was happy about), including "O Holy Night" (my favorite Christmas song EVER) and part of Handel's Messiah. We saw/heard the BEST organ solo ever--started as "King Wenceslas" and turned into the Home Alone theme song mixed with the Nutcracker. His feet were working those pedals like nobody's business. We gave him a standing ovation. David McCollough told the history of 2 Christmas songs. It got me into the Christmas spirit big time.



Sorry this picture is so blurry. I don't know what the deal is. David and Natalie are in the front by the podium.
After the concert we walked around and looked at the lights and nativities on Temple Square.
Craig's favorite. A bad angle of the nativity, but there were like 50 people waiting for me to take this picture so I was in a hurry.
We even ran into Santa.


Speaking of Santas, PLEASE do yourself a favor and go to this website: http://sketchysantas.com/ It cracked me up. Below is just a sample.
After temple square we met up with Phil and Jessica for some late-night Village Inn pancake goodness, where we quickly made friends with our waitress Bernie who offered up plentiful advice on marriage and families. She really did have some good things to say, and she reminded me why you should try to talk to people wherever you go.

Last night was a wonderful, Christmasy success.

4 comments:

Danny said...

We went to temple square and didn't see any of those nativities. They look really cool. I guess thats what we get for hurrying through. Love the sketchy santa's.

Hali said...

LOVE this. We hit up temple square after the Jazz game tonight. So awesome! Glad to hear you're feeling the cheer ;-)

Caytee said...

I love your pictures on temple square. Preston and I need to get up there. Also...love the Santas.

SAM!!! said...

The pic of santa are too scary! I would never had let my child sit on any one of their laps! CREEPY!!!

-Teresa