Thursday, June 4, 2009

the usual

I haven't had much to say lately. It is truly a miracle. Life is wonderful. I am almost done with work for this school year. Basically one week left. This past week we had pirate day, PJ day, cooking day and Hawaiian day. I am really going to miss (most of) those kids. Craig has been studying out the ying-yang for the GMAT. And it is paying off. His scores on practice tests are up there. He takes the big test in exactly 2 weeks! After 23 years of life I finally decided that I don't hate blueberries after all. Upon reaching that conclusion I proceeded to eat almost an entire carton by myself. Hopefully you can't have too many antioxidants. Since I started liking one thing that I thought i hated, I pushed my luck by eating piece of an orange at work today. And I really do hate them. A lot.
Last night we got free rootbeer floats at Sonic. Delicious. I promise my whole life does not revolve around food. I am getting a niece in a couple of weeks. We are going to VA over the 4th of July and we are so excited about it! Craig is staying 4 days and I'm staying longer since I have the whole summer off. SYTYCD is the best. show.ever. Have I ever mentioned that I never win contests/drawings? A few months ago I started entering EVERY contest that I saw. Even for prizes that I don't really want. It hasn't paid off just yet, but it will. Water Aerobics is going well. Sometimes I feel really awkward with that stupid noodle though. Last night it hit me in the face. Luckily the only one who even looks at me is Jessica. Apparently I suck at treading water for extended periods of time. It is especially a blow to your self-esteem when a middle aged woman across the pool is doing it and not looking like she is about to drown. Our list of ridiculous Utah festivals to attend this summer is long and fabulous. Can't wait til they all start. Love to whoever is reading this!

5 comments:

Jayci said...

your posts always make me laugh. I'm so happy for you and that you're almost done with the school year! Must be a relief! Good luck on the drawing contests and enjoy those blueberries and trip to VA!

Kristen said...

Sammy loves blueberries, too. I didn't know you hate oranges. They're good! I get to see you in a month. Woohoo!

Colleen said...

Oh, Candice, you crack me up. I just love you!

So happy to hear that you have revisited the idea of blueberries. They are a powerful little fruit! Not only do they pack in all those antioxidants, but a half cup delivers a mere 40 calories, virtually no fat, a hefty amount of vitamin C, and nearly two grams of fiber. (At my age, fiber is a priority.) I buy them every week even though their price fluctuates more than the DOW JONES.

Picturing you with that noodle makes me smile. :)

Colleen said...

p.s. That middle-aged woman across the pool probably has 60% body fat. She doesn't need to tread water; she floats. Be grateful that you still have enough density to sink! :)

rach said...

again, you crack me up. i so much enjoy your posts.

i hate blueberries.