Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day weekend.

We spent Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday in Cedar City. I didn't have work Monday OR Tuesday (hallelujah chorus). Craig tried to study for the GMAT (that's his full-time job this term) but I sucessfully conned him into spending those 2 days playing with me.
We: visited my grandpa. ate a Kong Kone from Macey's (try one, now). hiked the Y for the 3rd time together. had Aaron and Megan over for a little BBQ and a night of "The Bachelorette". worked out. went to the temple. went to Tucano's for Craig's birthday lunch (we've been celebrating that for like a month now...). got a pina colada/tiger's blood shaved ice with ice cream at the bottom. started a list of all of the places we want to go/things we want to do this summer. talked about how excited we are to go to VA. felt spoiled because we got to just hang out with each other all day for 2 days. it was great.
(Don't judge. This was taken from a moving vehicle.)
We made matching cakes. This was not planned. Great minds think alike.
Aaron and Craig playing the paparazzi.
"Hold the cakes about your heads like they're real flags!" This picture is gross of me. And hilarious of Megan.
Yum. Another picture taken from a moving vehicle.


6 comments:

Lauren Jayne said...

In my birthday book, not much beats celebratory lunches on the house at Tucanos!

Jayci said...

fun weekend! nice hike, cake, restaurants, and good husband-company!! Can't get much better!

K said...

Craig will get an 800 without studying. No sweat.
Reflective glasses photo: awesome. Fruit pizza (what you apparently call cake): awesome.

Danny said...

You two are so dang cute! It looks like you had a fun weekend. I super love the flag cakes.

Linze Kate said...

Yay for fun weekends! I LOVED all your pics from the AK Cruise - how fun is that?! It def. made me wanna head up there someday... :)
Miss ya babe! I'm glad you are always SO happy - I just love you and Craig! :)
*muah*

P.S. I thought of you twice this last week - One, I went to Red Robin and thought of your bridal shower... Haha! Second, I was watching the Newlyweds show in ABC (seems like something you would inwardly dig) and the little Mormon couple on there has a girl who reminds me of you a little bit - haha! Love ya!

Colleen said...

Love the "Happy Summer" beach pic; where'd you take it? Also very impressed with the one of your reflection in Craig's eyeball. So happy that you two get to spend fun times together! YAY!!! :)