For example, last Saturday Craig and I had to turn in our "History of Creativity" projects at 8 am (ugh). This is supposed to be like a huge deal that some people spend a ton of hours on--for example, the boy who wrote a 130 page novel. HELLO. Anyway, I thought of my project on Thursday, spent about 4 hours, finished it at midnight on Friday, and got a 100%! HOLLA. Beats last semester when I had to turn it in in the middle of a snowstorm and when I handed my project in it was literally falling to pieces. Ha.
I took a final on Friday and I have 3 more this week. My practice of procrastination has yet to jack me. So until it does, i'm gonna keep on keepin on.
Craig's parents also came last weekend. They took us to Costco and totally hooked us up. Our grocery bill for this month so far is a grand total of $6. That's what i'm talkin about!
This weekend was good but somewhat of a bust. Friday we went to Cafe Rio (I am ALWAYS in the mood for fresh-mex) and then went to see Juno, which I was really excited for. Even though it's about a girl with an illigitimate child, I thought it would be funny in a Napoleon Dynamite kind of way. NOT! It was awful. So awful that we walked out of that joint.

Not to mention we sat next to this goth couple that was TOTALLY making out. It was gross. And the guy looked like Weird Al circa whenever this photo was taken, just picture a black shirt instead of this awful number:

Luckily this cute couple came and sat right next to me and between us and the frisk-pots. I tried to warn them....my favorite part of this whole movie experience was when the guy shined his cell phone right in the faces of the tormented youth. They got up and moved to the other dark corner. bahah. Then we went to a BYU baseball game. Apparently they're like the worst team at the whole school, because I swear they never win.
Saturday I went to a shade sale where everything was $5. Love it. So it started at 9 and I got there right at 9 thinking I would be good to go. NOT! There were seriously like 500 women crammed under this little tent going mad crazy. Good thing I'm a shopping warrior. I got 4 new ones. I wear one like everyday, so it's totally worth it. The lady behind me in line had in excess of 25 shirts. Sheesh!
Craig surprised me with a sparkly-clean apartment this weekend. He's the bomb. We just got back from a huge BBQ at his Korean teacher's house. I love Korean food! Most of it, anyway. Craig taught me to say thank you in Korean, and i'm pretty sure his teacher loves me for it, even though I say it with the ugliest white-person accent ever.
Obviously I have nothing of consequence to talk about. I just felt like writing. This post feels naked because there isn't a picture every-other sentence like usual. I'll be sure to do something exciting this week, and take lots of pictures!
8 comments:
joyed this post. it had spunk. especially the part about procrastinating never catching up with you... it has yet to catch me too and I am done with all that schooling business. so History of Creativity???? is this for real? Is it a philosophical class or some silly GE thing? I ask because you apparently have taken it twice now? The history of creativity is like the history of humanity. we survive because of it. seems silly. I like short sentences w/ lost of periods in between.... I sure do.... wooohhh.... (that wasn't even a sentence. I guess looking back now most of them aren't.) I have heard from everybody that Juno was really good. I haven't seen it yet, don't know if I will. How come you can't afford groceries but you can afford copious amounts of eye wear? and eating out, and movies? seems like a re assignment of priorities might be needed eh? I mean seriously, a pair of shades for every day of the week?
I don't like posting a message then finding errors and not being able to correct them. I type free thought and then press publish, proofreading is like getting assignments done ahead of time... totally unnecessary, until you misspell the first word of your post and leave out the I.
At least you got 4 shirts. That's more than I'll ever get unless I move back to Provo. We haven't seen JUNO either. I heard it was good but had some questionable stuff in it so we just haven't seen it. Way to be cool and walk out! Remember when we walked out of that one movie and they wouldn't give us our money back? What punks.
Ryan,
shades are SHIRTS! like i would really have sunglasses for everyday of the week. who am i, elton john?
shades are shirts now? Then what is the hip lingo for sunglasses?
Awesome job on the 100%!!! That is crazy about last years snow storm. Good luck on the rest of your finals! Sorry you didn't like Juno. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on it; good and bad. Dang it! ha ha
I had a feeling you wouldn't like it! Of course I LOVED it!
don't diss weird al.
Post a Comment