Anyway, it's about two men who have 6 months to live, who make a list together of the things that they want to do before they "kick the bucket". I'm not dying in 6 months. At least not as far as I'm aware. But I started thinking about what I would put on my own bucket list.
Forever ago at Youth Conference we had to make a list of 50 things we wanted to do before we died. I am happy to say that I have accomplished many of my middle school goals!Go to Hawaii-check.

Swim with dolphins-check. Jet Skiing-check. Cruise-check. Parasailing-check.

Skydiving-check.

Graduate HS-check. College-check. (and almost a check on the graduating from BYU goal too!)

Get married-check. Meet every member of *Nsync-NOT check, unfortunately, but I suppose I will replace them with Rascal Flatts, who I met, and hugged, while they called me pet names. Unfortunately that picture was taken before i had a digital camera, and is in VA!
I haven't made a complete current list, but here are some things that I know for sure are on there--
Have babies, finish going to all 50 states, travel travel travel (more of europe, go to Africa, some parts of Asia, etc!), adopt a Korean baby, get a full-time job that I enjoy, cook more, exercise more, make a quilt (I don't know why), learn to take pictures on a nice camera, hot air ballooning, read more books that I actually WANT to read, etc etc etc!
I haven't made a complete current list, but here are some things that I know for sure are on there--Have babies, finish going to all 50 states, travel travel travel (more of europe, go to Africa, some parts of Asia, etc!), adopt a Korean baby, get a full-time job that I enjoy, cook more, exercise more, make a quilt (I don't know why), learn to take pictures on a nice camera, hot air ballooning, read more books that I actually WANT to read, etc etc etc!

Lots of these I can't accomplish until we have $. Until then, a girl's travels will include trips like Cedar City, and I can become a master chef at making food that we do have ingredients for, like quesadillas. What would you do?!
9 comments:
Top 3 for Gretchen: Play the piano. She fell asleep thinking. I'll do mine.
Top 3 for Kirk: Become an amazing skier. Surf. Write something that I'm proud of...a book or something. Develop discernable abdominal muscles & dunk a basketball. Mountain bike in the Alps. Learn to bar-b-que like a redneck father that takes his grill around the country to cook-offs...I'm talking about sauce/meet matches that rival the complexities of the most expert wine/cheese pairings.
When I was a youth it wasn't mold on the food. It was dog dookie mixed into cookies. That made it hard to eat around. Besides, I'm a pro at eating moldy food. Ain't no thang. Just ask Kristen.
wow that's awesome you've done all that. some of that is still on my list!! :)
ya i took those cute pics of ben. isn't he cute? :)
I wish I still had that list. Some of mine were ride a rickshaw (done!), graduate college (done!), meet JC Chaze (probably never going to happen), skydive (Dan won't let me), have kids (workin' on it!), Hhhmmm... I should make a new list. I like doing this.
And yes, Dan has had quite a few run-ins w/ moldy food - beef jerky, Kool-aid, bread, cheese, you name it!
When I went to EFY it was a cockaroach in your soup. That's fairly avoidable, unless you factor in the potential secretion into the remainder of the soup. But less dispersed that dog poo in cookies, for sure.
I'm glad you stopped defending yourself because it was making ME feel bad because IIII liked that movie as well. Mark even liked it (except for Jack Nickelson, but hey).
Awesome job on checking off so many things on your list. That's awesome. I think I would like to:
-Attend Culinary School
-Be in a Movie!
-Learn how to ballroom dance - WELL. Not just average. haha
-Learn 2 more language (more meaning MORE than English and pig latin)
-Have babies (however possible)
-Sell paintings for more than 100 dollars :)
-Attend Interior Design school and have my work be in a cute magazine like 100 decorating ideas (like the magazine I just picked up at the grocery store today)
- oh! And serve missions, you know... gotta have the churchy stuff in here too.
HURAAY for BUCKET LISTS!
umm... why do I have the longest answer? yikes. I must be greedy
oh!! and i meant to tell you if you 'need' to come to alaska i can help cutting your expenses by giving you a free place to stay! lol
Hey - what is that one picture of? Way moldy/frozen/red bread? I couldn't tell.
Post a Comment