Saturday, September 20, 2014

This Summer Part 1 (mostly in pictures)

I am so behind on this thing! I probably should have kept up with detailed posts throughout the summer but things were too busy. So instead I am basically dumping these pictures and captioning them!





On the 4th of July we took a picnic out to Promontory Point on Lake Michigan. This is Millie enjoying her grub. That night Craig took Charlotte to a White Sox  game and me, Millie, Lincoln and my mom stayed home. It actually turned out okay because we saw the most amazing fireworks display I have ever seen! Our apartment is on the 10th floor and you can see for miles and miles from our windows. For probably over 2 hours we could see nonstop fireworks displays going across the entire skyline. I'm talking HUNDREDS of different displays starting and stopping. It was awesome.

Cutie. Still looks a little tan from his jaundice.

His first "bath". It was a family affair with both girls helping.


We spent lots of days in Virginia playing with cousins! It was so fun to have some close.

Mom, Kristen and Lincoln modeling on the new deck.

You could say Afton doesn't like getting sprayed.

Carter Mountain Orchard with my gurlz.

Cute Millie. I love her curls and eyelashes.

When Craig's parent's came out for Lincoln's blessing they brought some awesome bubbles. Hours of entertainment!





Now that I have children who notice EVERYTHING, I realized this summer that there are a lot of bugs in VA. Charlotte was especially interested in/terrified by them.

Giant moth. Also, these pictures don't really show it but Charlotte was OBSESSED with my parent's dress-ups and specifically this purple princess dress. She wore it every chance she could and had a cow any time someone else tried to wear it.  So dramatic.

To be continued...

3 comments:

emily lloyd andersen said...

Love the pics! And, you are looking great! How do you look so good after just having a baby? I still look like a mess. Miss you!

K said...

New deck looks good.

Unknown said...

What a blast we had.