Monday, June 24, 2013

Recent happenings.

We finally decided on which kind of double jogging stroller we wanted and pulled the trigger. We have been going for walks almost every morning and/or night now and all of us love it. Usually when we get home from our morning walks Millie is knocked out like this:

We've been going the library a lot now that I finally found a close one that isn't gross and doesn't make me worry that Charlotte is going to be snatched up by someone if she is out of my sight for 2 seconds...
Charlotte is loving having tons of new books.
It's been really hot so we have been getting out our little pool a few times a week. We also hit up a super fun splash-pad on Saturday. Millie hates the water so she and I did a lot of roasting as we watched Charlotte and Craig run around. Don't worry, she is definitely wearing sunscreen.



Saturday afternoon while the girls were napping we decided to finally pack up our "back room", where we keep a ton of storage/the washer and dryer/desk/etc. When Craig stepped in the back corner the carpet was soaked. Long story short, we ended up ripping up all of the carpet and having to take pretty much everything out of the room so nothing would get damaged if it happened again. It did happen again, yesterday, and this big puddle was in the middle of the floor after church. The guys aren't coming to fix it for another week and we just had a massive rainstorm a few hours ago, so I am looking forward to wiping up lots of puddles (from we-don't-even-know-where). I am also looking forward to paying for new carpet that we won't even get to enjoy...

We finally found out that we got a place in the graduate student housing at the University of Chicago. Today Craig reserved our moving truck and filed our change of address with the postal service. Exciting!

Here is a video of the girls from this morning.

5 comments:

SAM!!! said...

Love the video of the 2 girls playing together! Sorry to hear about the puddles! At least your moving soon!
-Teresa

Fabulous Featherette said...

Another week, good grief! At least you don't have to pay for the repairs. I love seeing the cutie pies. Millie has the cutest laugh.

Gretchen said...

I've been so distracted with our own move that this is literally the fist time I learned you had a red headed daughter. I haven't been keeping up with the blogs lately. I resolve to change here and now.

Gretchen said...

That was kirk

Caytee said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe how big your girls are getting. I absolutely LOVE that video. So cute. Congrats on the housing! That's just around the corner now. Woo hoo!