Thursday, March 1, 2012

18 months.

This will be our last whole-post update about Charlotte until she is 2. Any non-grandparents can let out a cheer. She had her Dr.'s appointment this morning and she was AWFUL. She screamed while getting measured, weighed, and touched in any way. Such a scene! Thankfully she doesn't act like that at any other time, or I would go crazy. Here are her stats:
Height: 31 inches (29-30th%)
Weight: 20 lbs 13.8 oz (6-7th%)
Head: 34th%
New words: Owl, Elmo, Annie (our neighbor), coat, all done/all gone, keys, monkey, bus, moon, elbow, knee, apple, etc.
She can also point out elbows, knees, and the letters C, B, O & Y correctly almost every time. It helps that craig wears clothes with those letters on them occasionally, she plays with blocks and we have various "C's" in decor throughout the house.
She loves: any kind of pizza, pasta, cheese, cooked carrots, kiwi, applesauce, cottage cheese, yogurt, tortillas, sandwiches, cold cereal, grapes, etc.
She is obsessed with her Elmo books and any Elmo video on youtube. She also loves watching all the videos of herself.
She went to nursery for the first time on Sunday and loved it. We dropped her off and didn't come back til it was over--no tears during the 2 hours.
She finally lets me do her hair. Yay!
She diffuses uncomfortable situations by saying "HI!" She ran into a wall? "HI!" It's too quiet in sacrament meeting? "HI!"She just did something that made us mad? "HI!"
Loves to put on jewelry, hats, dad's watch, mom's boots.
Would prefer to play outside no matter what the conditions.
Still sleeps 12 hours at night and at least 2 hours during the day.
Says "sheep" all the time but it sounds like the s-word. Thankfully she didn't say that at the Dr.'s.
She is such a good, fun, generally happy, sweet, and smart little girl!
Here is a random video I took yesterday of her identifying a couple of letters. Don't mind her hair, she had just gotten up from a nap.

5 comments:

Carol said...

SO cute!!! I laughed about the "HI" - she likes that word! Love her hair, the video, and HER. Hugs from gram.

Fabulous Featherette said...

What a cute smarty pants!

SAM!!! said...

If you stop posting about her in the next 4 months does that mean no posts in the next 4 monts? You're lucky she's so happy. A has been screaming at all doctors for the last year already.

Colleen said...

Cutest baby EVER! (Have I said that before?)

Linze Kate said...

She is SO big - I can't get over it. Haha! Also, ADORABLE! I haven't read your blog in awhile and I am in shock at how much she looks like you the older she gets...

Sidenote: I'll be in Omaha the beginning of June for my friend Nicole's wedding, so maybe I could see you for a few hours? I'd love to make it happen! :)
*muah*