Thursday, March 8, 2012

Haps.

A couple of weeks ago I was informed via a facebook status that dishwashers have solid waste filters that can/should be cleaned out. Our dishwasher was ancient and I was sure that the old owners had never cleaned it. Naturally, I recruited Craig for that job on a Friday night. After dismantling some things, chiseling away at crusty residue and putting it back together, we ran an empty cycle just to clean it out. It was filled with water at the bottom. We then spent the next while removing said water with a ladle. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. The next day Craig tried re-putting it back together and we ran it again. Fail. Honestly even though it is kind of a huge hassle, I was hoping that thing would break while we lived here so we could get a new one. Halleluiah! So Craig has been spending his nights cutting a hole out of the cabinets to make space for our new one. Charlotte and I have been spending our days home while the maintenance crew comes and goes (they aren't helping with the dishwasher--dishwashers aren't originally part of the unit so we get to deal with that on our own). Watching the men fix our fence:

They also completely regrouted and caulked our shower tiles. Thank. Goodness. That thing NEVER looked clean no matter how well I cleaned it. Now I don't have to be embarassed by it anymore! Lots of random home improvement things happening lately.

Tuesday the weather reached the 70's. So awesome. C and I walked around the gardens even though nothing is really growing right now.

I've been doing her hair in pig-tails the past few days and I love them! They were especially spunky today after her nap.
Last night Craig and I were asked to be on a marriage panel for a mutual activity. I was pleasantly surprised that the kids even asked questions (there aren't very many of them), and that they weren't totally crazy/inappropriate ones. It was actually kind of fun.
Here's a kiss from Charlotte. I love how her eyes get all big when she gets close to the camera.

6 comments:

SAM!!! said...

so if craig is cutting the hole, what is the maintenance crew doing? Men at work? Plumber? marriage panel? inappropriate questions!!! It's all so clear! You're saying it without saying it. i'm on to you!

Fabulous Featherette said...

Can't wait for my kiss-kiss from Charlotte!

SAM!!! said...

you edited this so now my previous comment looks dumb. Thanks!

Danny said...

Love the cute kisses! Home improvements are the best. We miss you guys!

Kristen said...

She is adorable!

Lisa & Joel said...

Candice, she is so cute! I just saw your blog from Madelyn's blog! So fun to see what you are up to. :) Ours is joelandlisaday.blogspot.com.