Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cedar City Christmas

Christmas this year was spent in Cedar City, UT. I didn't take many pictures, and the ones I did take are just "meh". But here are a few anyway! The weather was awesome (as i'm pretty sure it was all over the country), which lent itself to being able to go for a run outside every morning. So great. That altitude is a killer after you get used to Nebraska, though. We had big dinners with Craig's extended family on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Between a special Christmas breakfast and church, gift opening was moved to the late afternoon. That was fine by us since Charlotte's not really into it, anyway.
After the holidays, we spent our time bowling, eating out, playing games, and visiting with Craig's fam.
Dave, Dani, and Sarah.
Charlotte and Dani sitting in the massage chair together.
Playing at the park.
Thanks to Craig's parents, who were kind enough to babysit Charlotte, we were able to go on a couple of dates. One night we went down to St. George to see the temple lights, do a little birthday shopping for me, and get a treat. On NYE we went to a movie (Sherlock Holmes)--neither of us loved it, but we had coupons that made it only 50 cents a person.
I turned 26 on New Years (so old) and we flew home the next day. Charlotte did awesome despite having a 2 hour drive to Vegas in addition to a 2.5 hour flight. Felt like the longest day ever. Today is our 4-year anniversary. So many things to celebrate, so little time. Thanks to Craig's parents for having us for Christmas!

4 comments:

SAM!!! said...

the best burgers are in a bowling alley? weird.

Colleen said...

Welcome back to the midwest. :)

I'm anxiously awaiting some entertaining posts from you about the new season of The Bachelor.

Gretchen said...

I wish I could go to Cedar City. No joke.

Caytee said...

Happy Birthday Candice! And Happy Anniversary! So many things to celebrate! Wish we could have come down to Cedar to visit you. Charlotte is as cute as ever!