Monday, October 24, 2011

Utah.

Craig found out a little while ago that he was going to Utah/Idaho for a business trip, and rather than stay home by ourselves for a week, Charlotte and I decided we'd tag along this time! To any of our friends who live there--don't be offended that we didn't see you--we didn't have access to our own car, otherwise we would have met up! A couple of hours after we landed we took family pictures with Craig's whole fam. Miraculously, the photog also got a pretty cute picture of just me, Craig, and Charlotte. Perhaps you will see it on a Christmas card (if I decide to be so ambitious...). Sunday was conveniently my cousin's mission homecoming. He served in Uganda/Ethiopia. So glad I was able to hitch a ride up to Bountiful to see so much of my extended family! I love being with them. Here are some of my Cheney cousins:Ashley and I were twinners in our animal print/purple:




The rest of Sunday was spent hanging out with the Carter fam. Uncle Tony and Charlotte have a soft spot for each other:
Charlotte and Dani (her only Carter cousin) sharing a hug:
Monday Craig headed up to Idaho for a few days of work. I stayed with Cristie and Tony (BIL & SIL). We went to the aquarium, bought Charlotte some BYU stuff, watched the plus sized version of "Say Yes to the Dress" (one girl had a size G chest. HELLO.), etc. Wednesday Craig had the SLC portion of his trip so C and I moved up to his hotel with him. We spent all day shopping on Thursday and got to visit a little more with my relatives.



Little C watching the fountains at the Gateway:



We got back on Friday night. Charlotte did great the whole time. She is becoming quite the little airplane pro! The people on the way to and from Utah played games with her on the airplane, and one man gave her a little stuffed animal Aflac duck that she is now obsessed with. Having a baby totally makes people acknowledge you when they otherwise wouldn't. We had a great trip! Next time we just need to visit friends and eat a J-dawgs, too!

2 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. I'm glad that you got to visit with Craig's family. Beautiful family photos! I just little C!

Kristen said...

Fun trip! I love the cousin pictures. And C is so cool looking.