We were planning on visiting Nauvoo at some point during our years in the midwest, and decided to have my parents meet us there this summer and do the trip together (the only one of us who has been there before is my dad). The first two days were HOT. A few hours after we got there my parents took Charlotte and Craig and I were able to do a session in the Nauvoo temple. It is soooo beautiful inside and out! {These pictures are in no particular order since I'm feeling lazy.} Later we went to dinner and to see the senior missionaries perform their little show "Rendezvous in Old Nauvoo". The acting was terrible but altogether it was cute. Charlotte was great and clapped right on cue.
Nauvoo is a really small place. Over the few days we were there we basically did it all--covered wagon ride/tour of the city, visited lots of homes of impt church members (Joseph and Emma, John Taylor, Heber C. Kimball, and others), played pioneer games, saw how different things were made (rope, rugs, tin, etc), and ate at all of the interesting (read:borderline sketchy) restaurants in town.

After church on Sunday we drove over to Carthage to visit the jail where Joseph Smith was killed. That was a neat experience.

2 comments:
What a great trip. It was so fun to be with you.
I love little C's movie star pose! We enjoyed our rendezvous in old Nauvoo with you. One day Dad and I will be on stage there!
Post a Comment