Sunday, July 24, 2011

The weekend in pictures.

We had a fun weekend together. I spent Friday painting baseboards (not fun), waiting in line for.ev.er. at walmart, and getting stuck behind a stinkin' UP train for 15 minutes as I was trying to leave Walmart. I wonder whose genius idea it was to build a big shopping center/Walmart right behind train tracks? Gets me everytime. So all of that stunk, but my day got substantially better when I finally tried "Carol's New Orleans Style Snowballs" from a little trailer downtown. I've always been intruiged by it--wondering if it's anything like my beloved hawaiian shaved ice that I used to get in Provo. And good news, it is! Well, it's not quite that soft, and it's more expensive, but they do have good flavors, and offer sweetened condensed milk. That's what I'm talkin' about!
Saturday morning we got to the zoo right as it opened and spent just an hour visiting our favorite animals before it got too hot.

I wish that picture above didn't have such a bad reflection! Anyway, C seemed more interested in the animals this time than she ever has before, so it was really fun.
After the zoo and a nap, we went to the Joslyn Art Museum, because UP employees/families got in for free. It had a lot more art than I thought it would, and the building was totally gorge.



That night we went out for our favorite Chinese with our friends.

Til next time...

6 comments:

SAM!!! said...

This looks fun. The art looks fun. Fun art is better than stuffy art.Was that gorilla going to eat her? Or carry her around like her own baby?

Cami said...

I can't believe you still have those same sunglasses after all these years! I swear I buy at least one new pair every summer... not necessarily because I need them or lost other ones but because I just sick of the same one.
It looks like you guys are having so much fun. Miss your face!

maynard said...

I like that upside down Christmas Tree thingey.

Kristen said...

That huge glass thing must have taken FOREVER! I can't imagine. Looks really pretty. You guys were busy!

Danny said...

You guys just always seem so busy!

Lauren Jayne said...

I'm so excited you guys made it to the Joslyn, I've been volunteering there this summer. Don't you love the chihuly?!