Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Little projects.


I have made a couple of things lately.

First, this wreath. My sister sent me a tutorial for something similar but I did a couple of things different (didn't use burlap, didn't make as many flowers, etc). Even though sometimes I think it looks like a little kid made those flowers, I am happy everytime I see it. It's nice to have a wreath that isn't totally cookie cutter. It's super easy and would have only taken about 30 minutes if I had a glue gun that functioned properly.




Another thing I did was paint the stripes on this rug. It was already woven in a way that made this easy. Our bathroom needed some pizazz. This does the trick, I think. No pictures of the entire bathroom until we get a new floor and baseboards, because our current floor KILLS ME. July can't come fast enough (that's when Craig is redoing our kitchen/hallway/bathroom floor).

Today I'm going to try my hand at making pom-pom flowers for the upstairs bathroom that I'm currently working on!

4 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

So cute! I especially love the gray? and pink flowers. The stripes on the rug really do add pizazz.

Danny said...

I'm in love with your rug.

maynard said...

I didn't even know you could paint a rug (except by accident when you dropped a paint can). That looks great.

Caytee said...

So fun!! Great job on both of them. I may be calling you one day for instructions on that rug. Love it!