Tuesday, March 8, 2011

6 months.

Charlotte is 6 months old! To celebrate her 1/2 birthday she and I went out and bought some new foods and a toy. The picture above is perfect with the blurry arms and legs because she hardly ever sits still. Here are her latest stats:

Height: 25 " (22nd%)

Weight: 13 lb. 5 oz (6th%)

Head: 42 cm (41st%)

She gained a little less than a pound in the two months since we last went to the Dr. and so she wants Charlotte to pack on the pounds before her next visit. Basically, Dr. thinks I'm drying up (TMI?) and wants me to supplement with a few ounces of formula every day. Sounds easy enough, but not when your baby does NOT want to take a bottle, and hasn't quite grasped how to use a sippy cup! So we've just been doing big-people cups. Not only big-people cups, but this cup. It's our only plastic one. It's huge. ARRRRG.

Hiding from the paparazzi.


Charlotte sleeps like a champ. She goes to bed at around 7 now and is up around 5 to eat and back to sleep til about 8. Everytime I go in to get her from bed she has rolled onto her stomach. I guess she prefers to sleep that way. She loves sitting up. She wants whatever is in your hand so she can put it in her mouth. No teeth yet. Loves all kinds of food except weird chicken mixtures (can't blame her, it smells like pet food).
She loves splashing around in the tub.
She strikes fear into the hearts of men.
She loves doing most anything outside. We need a forward-facing stroller so we can stop wearing her in this backpack!
She is so sweet and fun to play with. She wants to talk to and touch all of the other babies that she sees. Charlotte is a doll and we love being her parents!

8 comments:

SAM!!! said...

Mighty fine post there. Perhaps you should feed her butter? or Ice cream?

maynard said...

Hot Fudge Sundaes and Donuts should do the trick!
Just grind 'em up.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Charlotte is looking like Craig in those pictures!! Is it just me?!!

Colleen said...

LOVE!!! You guys need to come back and visit us!

whitney mellor said...

Candace she is absolutely gorgeous. Her stats are so cute, so skinny like you!! Can't wait to hear your bachelor finale breakdown. :)

Danny said...

Ah! I can't believe she is so big. What a darn cute girl you have- I just love her smile!

Kristen said...

You're welcome. I knew that skull mug would come in handy one day.

And she is so cute! She looks so smiley all the time.

Linze Kate said...

She is too much! The one of her in her bathrobe and little bath shoes?! Too cute... I think sh has your eyes. :)

Um - I love that she drinks out of the scary, skeleton-head cup. Haha! So random...
*muah*
P.S. Bachelor finale tonight! I'm excited to hear your reaction... :)