Friday, October 29, 2010

2.

Yesterday Charlotte turned 2 months. To celebrate, we went to the Dr. and she got 3 shots and had to swallow some stuff. She did awesome during the whole waiting on the Dr. FOREVER part. With the initial shock of the first shot I'm pretty sure her piercing scream could be heard throughout the building. Deafening. She calmed down really fast at least. Here is poor, unsuspecting Charlotte patiently waiting for the nurse to come and torture her:

Here are her 2 month stats:

Height: 22 inches (37th%)

Weight: 10 lb. 1 oz (30th%)

Head: 38 cm. (31st%)


So, she's a petite little thing. And with everything in the 30-something percentile, she is well proportioned! I can't believe that babies can be born at 10 lbs...I'm pretty sure I would have died if she came out this size.

{Bless you.}

At 2 months, Charlotte:

has started smiling a lot more, though you usually have to work for it.

loves the bath.

tracks objects with her eyes.

has been sleeping in her own room for almost a month.

likes to sit in her little chair in the bathroom and listen to the water when we take showers.

still loves going for walks, and usually sleeps almost the entire time.

wakes up around 1:45 and 4:45. And sometimes only once. But that is pretty rare.

gags and throws up if you put a pacifier in her mouth.

can still fit into some of her newborn clothes.

likes to be danced with.

loves it when I sing " What Is This Feeling?" from Wicked.

makes a lot more sounds.

LOVES sucking on Craig's bicep to soothe herself. Not so soothing for Craig, but honestly I don't have much sympathy...

likes to be held and take naps on our chests.

has her 2nd cold. Poor thing.

has discovered her hands and likes to suck on them. Really loudly.

is so sweet. We are so glad she is ours.

5 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

I found your blog...through Laura's...and love it. It's good to catch up on your life. And your little baby? Adorable. Congrats. :)

Caytee said...

So cute. I love the little picture of her sneezing. The whole immunization thing isn't the most fun...that's for sure. Gosh! Can't wait to meet her.

Gretchen said...

She sounds just like Wendy! I guess most babies are the same, but Wendy also gags when we give her a pacifier, sucks on bicepts, and sucks her hand really loudly. I can't wait to meet Charlotte. She is So adorable.

SAM!!! said...

Got to love those Costco diapers! Works just as well as the name brands! Shots are sad....but good to be sure you don't end up with a really sick kid. She is adorable. Can't wait to meet her!
Teresa

ashlee said...

The sneeze and yawn picture are so cute.