So darling. Last week we went to the Dr. for her 2 week appt. Hopefully this will really be the last time we need to go until her 2 month appointment, because I hate going to the pediatrician. Not only am I subjected to movies like "Land Before Time 2", but inevitably she gets ravenously hungry in the waiting room even though I feed her right before we walk out the door. Here are her 2 week stats:
Height: 20.5" (56%)
Weight: 7 lb 5 oz (18%)
Head: 35.8 cm (43%)
So she's still a total lightweight, but at her 2 week she had gained 10 oz in the last 6 days. Poor girl has pretty much nothing to wear. Unfortunately I was told to not bother buying many newborn clothes. Too bad that's all she can wear without drowning, and looking like her parents are beat and don't know how to style a child.
I had to go to the Dr. myself on Friday so she could check and see how I'm healing. Luckily she actually spared me that whole ordeal but instead just asked me questions. Answer: I am still sore. I really want to go walking in the botanical gardens and go to workout group with my friends. But I can't. Not without feeling halfway through like my insides want to fall out. Was that too graphic? The great news is, I am 16 pounds lighter and just have 10 left to lose to get back to my wedding/prepregnancy weight.
This weekend was really cold. 50 degrees cold. Today it's back in the 80's. 50 degrees actually felt really good but I'm not ready for it to stay that way and take a downward spiral into my least favorite season ever. Speaking of which, did you know there are less than 100 days until Christmas? And on a side, note, what the heck is the deal with the BYU football team? Sure it is a rebuilding year, but seriously. This week Craig's division at work is taking a mandatory trip to the zoo, where they will be participating in scavenger hunts, among other things. Third grade called, they want their fieldtrip idea back.
Time to eat a fudgcicle before I wake up little C.
6 comments:
Don't fret too much about the impending, inexorably approaching, menacing Nebraska winter without enjoying the fall first. I really like fall.
Charlotte is a cutie in that picture.
I like your "third grade called" line. Good one. Afton wore that same onesie today. It's cute. Sorry if I told you not to buy many newborn clothes. I've been having the same problem, but she's starting to fit into bigger things now.
It seems as though girls actually use newborn clothes for a little longer than their male counterparts.But don't worry she'll be in 0-3 month clothes so quick that you won't have a chance to get sick of the newborn stuff. Sounds like you're having luck losing the weight w/out much effort. I hope it goes that way for me again this time...but bottle feeding might hinder that one :(
Teresa
She's beautiful. Of course.
Hope mom and baby are doing well!
She is a beauty. Is her hair red or blonde? I always wanted a red head.
She is so darn cute! I didn't buy any newborn clothes either so when May was born weighing under 6 lbs she was totally drowned in all her clothes. I just went and bought a couple packs of those cheap gerber sleepers. They are nice becuase you don't have to spend a ton of money on clothes they are only going to wear for a month but then they have something that fits.
Post a Comment