Thursday, June 25, 2009

RIP King of Pop

Yesterday I saw on CNN that MJ was in cardiac arrest. Then Oprah was interrupted with the announcement that he was dead. WHAT?! I proceeded to call every member of my family. You probably think I'm a little weird for caring so much. But seriously. He was a major part of my childhood! I wasn't even born when Thriller came out (and sold millions of copies), but our favorite family home video is of my brother dancing to it. He later won a talent show at BYU-I doing a different MJ piece. We checked out this video about his life almost every week for a whole summer from the library. Consequently, I know the names of every member of his family. We drew pictures to send to his ranch. I used to make up dances to "Black or White" with my neighbor, Ashley. At one time our answering maching was a parody of "Rock with You". We had almost every record/tape/CD through HIStory. We danced to his songs at girls camp and stake dances. I did the Thriller dance with my roommates our freshman year for a ward talent show. I have an old blog post that I wrote all about him. I love Jackson 5 songs. Yes he was whacko. But his songs are legit and his dancing was the bomb.

With my roommates after performing "Thriller" (holding fan signs courtesy of our FHE brothers)

One of my favorites of him can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7MmEMrCRfc&feature=related

8 comments:

Kristen said...

I was just waiting for you to make a blog post on this topic. Love you. Don't be distraught. Just be glad you lived in the era of Jackson.

Madelyn said...

I will never forget you guys dancing to Thriller. That was awesome!

SAM!!! said...

... you didn't call me....

C&C said...

I called mom and dad who were WITH you guys! Should I have called your phone separately after I hung up with mom?

SAM!!! said...

.... sigh.....

SAM!!! said...

Hey,
we got the outfit. It'll rule in a couple of months. Thanks. It's cute. She'll rock it like a fashionista!

Brooke said...

Did you forget our awesome show choir performance of thriller in high school?? i was the dead bride in the middle of the stage--hah--i still remember stephanie hess teaching us that dance! oh MJ.....

Linze Kate said...

I was in complete shock - Adam texted me before media even released it cause their office in Washington found out before hand, and I thought he was pulling a joke. Crazy!

I love that man - no matter what anyone says. He created some AMAZING jams... I remember listening to him and Celine Dion on the way to seminary each morning. Yea.

*muah*