Monday, October 13, 2008

Wisdom from "The Wonder Years"

I used the "1960" effect on the header picture of Craig and I. Now everytime I look at it I start to think about the show "The Wonder Years". So fantastic. If you never saw it, you should find it somewhere. Luckily my dad ordered the show in it's entireity from some sketchy pirating man. Now I get to enjoy a bunch of episodes everytime I go home! One of the best things about "The Wonder Years" is the narration. There are some great gems and quotes on the show. Here are some of my favorites that I found:

"All our young lives we search for someone to love. Someone who makes us complete. We choose partners and change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope... all the while wondering if somewhere, somehow, there's someone perfect... who might be searching for us.”

“Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what's to come. But that night, I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been, and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come. The thing is, we didn't have to hate each other for getting older. We just had to forgive ourselves... for growing up.”

"Change is never easy. You fight to hold on. You fight to let go.”

I think I love the show so much because I feel like the way I grew up was kind of like "The Wonder Years". A nice suburban town in California, always running and playing with the neighbor kids, the family station wagon, siblings punching each other, the works. I pretty much consider my childhood perfect. Here is a picture of the house I lived in until I was 10(stolen from my brother). Sweet memories!
“I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of houses... a yard like a lot of other yards... on a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is, after all these years, I sill look back... with wonder.”

That seems like a random topic, but I was just thinking about it. Now I'm going on a hot date with Craig up at Sundance. Go watch yourself an episode!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Hey Candace I'm finally commenting on your blog that I do stalk every now and then. I feel the same way about the wonder years. It always brings back memories of my childhood. Anyways, hope you guys are having fun in Provo!

Hali said...

Aww....The Wonder Years. Adorable. Don't blog anything too exciting while I'm in California! ;)

Jayci said...

oh WOW. I haven't thought of The Wonder Years in So long. There was a girl on my bus in middle school that looked JUST like Winnie. JUST like her. And i had a hUGE crush on Kevin. Oh gosh.

SECOND thing. I love the picture of you and Craig - you two are awesome. :)

Caytee said...

Now that is funny. Man it has been awhile since I've been on your blog. You stinkin crack me up. Can we be friends again. ha ha! I love the 50 things about you. That's Candice for you. Now I know why you and Craig are perfect for eachother.