Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Etc.

My apologies for the lack of exciting posts. I haven't taken any pictures recently (shocking), and posts are generally boring without pictures. But we have been really busy!

My new job is sweet, minus the occasional ridiculous outbursts from the kids! It's not so bad to get paid for playing with playdough, finger painting, being pulled behind a tricycle, eating snack, dancing, acting silly, and getting free lunch everyday.
I just started a power yoga class twice a week with 2 of my girlfriends. Last night was my first time and I loved it! It's kind of funny--basically if you were to walk in you would just hear a lot of HEAVY breathing, interesting music, and the teacher saying things like "now let's enter Warrior 2 position, and into the pigeon..." in a really soothing voice. Word to the wise, if you ever attend a yoga class, avoid eating a couple of hours before. Your bum is in the air the majority of the time and the room is crowded and hot (heaters are going). The girl in front of me totally cut the cheese. Audibly. Anyway, the class is awesome. It totally works your muscles and is relaxing. My goal: By the time the class ends in December, I WILL be able to do a headstand without leaning against anything. The teacher makes it look like a piece of cake. The only downside to this class? It makes me miss most of the Biggest Loser and all of the Office. WAH.

I learned this little move last night. Balance on your crown, rest your knees on your triceps, and voila! Excuse my huge looking bum and shiny face!

I woke up pretty sore this morning. I would like to think that is because I worked my bum off in yoga, but chances are that it is from sleeping on a deflated air matress. Remember how on our 1 month anniversary I wrote about how I had survived that long sleeping on an air matress?? Probably not. Yes, well, I would just like everyone to know that I have just passed 10 months of sleeping on an air matress. I know what you're thinking, "HOW POOR ARE YOU?!" Not so poor that we can't afford a bed, we just never made it a priority. I am now wondering why. I didn't care that much until the air matress got a stinkin hole in it...now we have to inflate it every night and by the time we wake up in the morning we are halfway to the ground. Awesome. I deserve an award for not whining that much about it until now. Craig mentioned buying a patch to fix the leak. I mentioned buying a dang matress and a sweet headboard so that our gorge comforter will finally live up to it's potentional, and I can stop waking up totally sore! I will keep you updated. Until then, enjoy your luxurious matresses and think of us, repeatedly rolling in towards the center of the bed, and smacking into each other.

9 comments:

The Fox Family said...

that's aweosme. I have always wanted to take a yoga class. Where are you taking it? And i cant belive you have been sleeping on an air mattress for the past 10 months!!!!! That is crazy! You have every right to complain

Cami said...

Candice! I've totally started going to Yoga too! I actually made Emily come with me and she went for her first time tonight. Where do you take your class?

Kristen said...

Wow. Look at you doing that crazy move! Good job! And sorry about your air matress. That's funny.

Gretchen said...

I have been thinking about taking a Yoga class. I use to think that it didn't seem like a very good workout, but a lot of my friends really like it. Maybe I'll have to give it a try!

Hali said...

HA HA... considering you need your space when you sleep, I'm SERIOUSLY impressed! Glad life (minus your sleeping arrangement) is good. If you're looking for something to post about, I believe I tagged you last night. Love me. And one last thing, our fiesta has to be postponed for a coupe of weeks, but when I get back from the magic kingdom I will plan the sweetest girls' night ever, and your presence will be requested!

SAM!!! said...

that rolling in towards the center of the bed motion is know as cuddling... or warmth stealing... you can now consider the air mattress a relationship aid!

K said...

Good to see you blogging again. You have a superfluous apostrophe in your "its". That's for telling me how I spelled tomorrow wrong on my mission.

Jayci said...

yoga is awesome! sorry about the flatulent girl, though. That rips.

And an air mattress for 10 months?? you are an awesome wife for lasting this long. :)

Gretchen said...

My friend Brittney just told me you two are in the same yoga class. She said you were a little freaked out that she rememebered you. She remembers the name of every single person she has ever met...I know..it's a little freaky.