Sometimes I wonder if I have some kind of speech impediment that makes it impossible for people to understand me. Last summer I had to say the word MILK over the phone to someone literally like 10 times before they understood me. I do kind of say MELK, but please. Anyway, speaking of the way things are pronounced, Craig and I are having a debate over the way you pronounce LAWRY'S, as in the delicious seasoning salt. I pronounce it L-AH-RY'S, and he says something like L-OW (as in ouch)-RY'S. Please do shed some light on the right way to say it.
Nothing much has been going on this week except anticipation of our glorious trip to the big VA (5 days...YAY!) and work. For the summer I am back at the assisted living place where I used to work because they will give me all the time off that I need. Lots of my favorite old people are still there, which makes it fun. Lots of them are dead or moved too, which is unfortunate. In fact, one of my favorite old men that used to give me a hug everyday was killed by another resident, who chased him down and knocked him over with his electric scooter. Sounds like an elderly soap opera, but seriously, it happened. Vehicular manslaughter with a Jazzy.
This week I came home and Craig said he had a big surprise for me. He led me into another room and what did I see? A full-size-arcade-style PacMan machine. I stood there for a second like wow, that is so ugly. He said "it was only $200!" He had me going for a second, then told me that we were just storing it for our BFF. Good thing, or I would have made him take me on a shopping spree.The end.
7 comments:
Ha ha...you're my favorite! Why not load up on the pac-man while you're babysitting the hidious machine :).
By the way, I totally understand your name plight. I get called "Hayley" ALL the time! Not my name folks!
OK I can't believe that guy got killed by another resident, that is crazy! Also, the pac-man story was awesome. I most commonly get the name Natalie instead of Madelyn....I guess they kind of sound alike...
Oh and I pronounce Lowry's seasoning salt like Craig...sorry :)
I pronounce it louwry's. I didn't know you had to register to vote so thanks.
I'm trying to use nicer words on a daily basis...but CanBice is freaking ridiculous!!! After reading this post I fear for your life working at that old folks center-vehicular manslaughter. Dude make sure you are dishing up the right amount of jello otherwise you had better watch your back!
Hey, its pernounced Lowry's like ouch..haha
I say Lowry's like everyone above. Gretchen says you're so funny you should have your own talk show. I think if you type any woman's name into google images you get bikini clad women. In fact, I'm going to test it right now with a totally un-sexy name, Helga. Yep, immodesty abounds.Gretchen, same thing. I've proven my point.
Post a Comment