I have a history with these delectable frozen concoctions. When I was little and we were poor (well, I'm not sure whether we were poor or my parents just acted like it...either way my parents bought my threads at Salvation Army!) my dad could talk us into doing ANYTHING by promising that in the end, we would be the recipients of a Slurpee. We would help wash the car, go and watch my brother's never-ending baseball/soccer games, the works. All for what was probably like 75 cents back then. It was a big deal to get a slurpee! I love them. Especially cherry, coke, and now pina colada. I love that some of the flavors have been around forever and that their straws and stores always smell the same. Their candy is overpriced and their food is disgusting. But my friends and I would buy it for senior lunch in high school anyway.For a long time I frequented the 7-11 on 5th and University in Provo. That's where I went today after my long hiatus. I was greeted warmly by 2 old friends, Raj and Mukesh--Indian brothers and 7-11 owners. I LOVE THEM. They always give you nicknames, remember you, ask where you have been, and try to sell you nasty, year-old donuts. They are the best (them, not the donuts!). All BYU students know them. There is even a facebook group named for Raj. Look at that happy face!
Three cheers for happy business owners that are actually friendly, and hooray for frozen drinks that I love so much. Speaking of frozen drinks, last week was the end of my college meal plans. To go out with a bang, Craig and I went to the Skyroom, a sweet restaraunt at the top of the Wilk that overlooks all of campus. It's gorge, and the food was so good! They even had pina coladas, which of course I had to order. I am obsessed with specialty drinks. Seriously.I have been totally spoiled by my meal plan. Time for me to say goodbye to Subway and Jamba, and hello to a life of domesticity and cooking. 
7 comments:
Slurpees are the BOMB. I love to mix Pina Colada with the Crystal Lite flavors. True story, while I was in Europe I kept craving a slurpee...too bad they don't have 7-11!
Oh Craig... we need to make you a slurpee convert. How I love myself an icy cold fruity fresh slurpee in the summertime. Twas a sad state of affairs when I moved to Cedar for school and realized there wasn't a 7-11 south of Nephi :(.
If ever you're desperate for a slurpee, I will gladly accompany you :)
happy sad day! Happy day for slurpees, sad day for no more meal plan!! I lOVE scoreboard.. mmm oh wait! you knew that. lucky number 9!! haha
I also love slurpies and by looking at these other comments, it looks like Craig might be the only one on this planet who doesn't like them. I was also looking at our Lagoon pictures, SUCH good times! When we went there I really wanted to go on that ride, but it was shut down along with Rattlesnake rapids, so I was left melting in the sun without a way to cool off! And thanks about my background....I designed it yesterday ha.
Hahaha love it!! kyle and i have slurpee runs as much as we can...we basically have them every time when we don't have dinner.
p.s. love, love, love the new background!
CANDICE. we totally ate that g-ross 7-11 food for senior lunch..hah!! And then we would speed back to school to make 7th period on time. Good times!!!!
P.S. how about the time we went to Taco Bell for a date with Ferris?
domesticity. good word.
Post a Comment