Monday, March 3, 2008

Losing my identity

Meet Roxanne, a surprise gift from my dad almost 2 years ago (because he felt bad that I wasn't married yet or something). Isn't she beautiful? That's not the point. She's been sporting the VA plate ever since I got her, and I love it. I represent the east coast with pride as I roll around Provo. That was, until this past Friday, when I was forced to register her in Utah. Not only did we have to pay $158 for that trash, but I had to put new plates on her. I felt like my Virginia identity had been ripped away from me. (That's an exxagerration, but drama makes this story better).

Craig was happy as could be that Roxanne would now bear his states' name.
I, on the otherhand, was bugged. Don't get me wrong, I love Utah, but I am proud to be from VA!


Virginia is totally fantastic. And mom, if you read this, how about another trip home for Craig and I???

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hilarious! Love th pictures of both of your reactions. I felt the same way when I had to get Utah plates on my California Roxy. Hi, our cars practically have the same name. Colin named mine after he drove her once.

I kept my California plates to scrapbook...or whatever. I couldn't let go.

Lauren Jayne said...

LOVE the new look of the blog and the new plates because that means you live in Utah and not that other place. That means that when your in-laws don't need you to dog sit I can see you!

SAM!!! said...

while you're at it how about another trip to VA for T and I???