Thursday, October 15, 2015

Arkansas

 Some of our good friends from Chicago moved to Arkansas after graduation and we went to visit them over Labor Day. I'd never been so I got to check a new state off the list! 7 left I think?
Craig had a cough but we thought he would be fine (WRONG), and Millie randomly threw up that morning, so we almost cancelled our plans, but pressed on and made the 5-hour drive anyway. Millie was totally fine after that though.
Cole and Alyson just finished building a gorgeous house and they were awesome hosts.
Our first stop was a drive thru zoo. That was a major hit with the kids but we were all melting during the out-of-car portion.





We walked through some really pretty gardens



Went to a little splash pad
Went to church, out for lunch, watched some movies, etc. The girls all loved playing together in the backyard every night. Poor Craig couldn't really enjoy the trip because he got sooooo sick! Every night he was tossing and turning and ended up having to sleep in a chair because he felt like he couldn't breathe. Sweating, then cold, over and over. Alyson probably wanted to kill us for coming. The day we got back to Texas he went to the Dr. and found out he had pneumonia! Oops. Besides pneumonia, we all really had an awesome trip. Arkansas was beautiful and reminded me a lot of Virginia, and of course it was so nice to be with our friends!

2 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

You did have lots of fun--sans the pneumonia. Poor Craig. Glad he recovered so quickly once he got some meds. I love the pic of the girls on the pig!

Fabulous Featherette said...

I'm not sure Millie loves the animals!