Thursday, September 24, 2015

Charlotte Goes to Kindergarten.

Charlotte had her first day of school on August 24th. She made the cutoff for kindergarten by 4 days, and I am so glad because she was ready and she LOVES school. You can see that when we leave for school the sun is just barely up...we leave to walk her there at 7:30ish. So early!


Her backpack is HUGE on her. It's hilarious/adorable that she's so petite.


Her teacher is Mrs. Koepp, and Charlotte really likes her. I can't believe the things they are already learning in Kindergarten! She comes home with all these big words like vertices, dehydration, etc. We live in a great school district and can walk to the school in 5 minutes or less, which is awesome.

The second week of school Mrs. Koepp chose Charlotte for an award for being respectful. They gave it to her at her school's weekly assembly and she was really excited. As a reward she got to bring home Champ, the class bear.

Bringing home Champ is great for the kids and horrible for the parents. After the weekend you have to create a journal page for him with photos of all the things he did with your family. So we went everywhere with a teddy bear that weekend and took photos like these (he also came with a 10 piece teddy bear wardrobe):


I am so glad that Charlotte loves school and learning. I think she will have a great year!



4 comments:

SAM!!! said...

Sounds like a great school. A lot of the activities for school are fun for the kids/ horrible for the parents so you've got that to look forward to!

Brooke Lemieux said...

I cannot believe she's in kindergarten. I feel like I was just reading your blog posts about how you were pregnant with her!! Your family is darling, C :)

Unknown said...

Charlotte is soooo cute going to school. She is such an inquisitive an bright girl.
Sure miss seeing her and you guys.

SAM!!! said...

The bear idea is adorable, however I can see how the teacher probably needs to disinfect/wash/ buy a new bear every year! She's going to love Kindergarten!
-Teresa