Monday, March 30, 2015

Craig's Spring Break.

 Last week Craig had spring break. Since we were staying in Chicago all week we made a whole list of fun things that we wanted to do together. A lot of them got done, but not all (it was pretty cold and snowed a couple of days).

Saturday we went to the top of the Hancock. Craig had never been and neither had the kids. The restaurant isn't exactly kid friendly, but it was in the middle of the day so it wasn't crowded and the kids were well-behaved. This is the view looking south:


And the north. That's Lakeshore Drive running all along the edge.

On Monday Charlotte went to preschool (it's not her spring break yet) and in the afternoon I took the girls to see Cinderella. I don't have any pictures. The girls liked it (and so did I) but it was definitely over Millie's head and she was asking me questions the whole time.

Tuesday we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo. It was like 25 degrees.





For lunch after the zoo we went to a little hipster restaurant called Bang Bang Pie where I consumed the GREATEST biscuit of my life with homemade blueberry jam. We all shared a chicken pot pie (also delicious) and a piece of malted chocolate pie. We will be going back.

Thursday we went inside the Chicago Cultural Center because we had never been but had heard it was gorgeous. And it was. Everything was so detailed and they had this gorgeous rotunda inside.


We also went to the bean:

And the Art Institute of Chicago, which is free on Thursday nights for Illinois residents.


Charlotte was a big fan of the Art Institute. She was looking forward to seeing some Claude Monet paintings, which she had read about in one of her Fancy Nancy books. There was a whole room of his work. Also, besides Claude Monet, she was drawn to what seemed like the creepiest pictures in each room!
This is out of order, but on Thursday we also tried a new restaurant that is attached to a meat factory and it was super delicious. We got the Ruben and it had enough meat on it to share.




Lastly, Millie basically potty-trained herself last week. On Thursday I said, "If I give you a piece of candy will you go pee on the potty?" That was all it took. She has only had 1 accident (during her nap yesterday, pretty sure she forgot she wasn't wearing a diaper) and has been wearing underwear exclusively, even at night! Now we only have to buy diapers for one child. HALLELUJAH!

Spring break for Craig is over and right now he is in class, starting the last quarter of his academic career!

3 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

What fun you have had during your stay in Chicago! As always, and as I say on every blog--I have the most adorable grandchildren and I love all of your pics. That rotunda is gorgeous. It's good you get out and about even when it's COLD and snowy. Way to go Millie!

Unknown said...

You're taking great pictures with your camera. Looks like a lot of fun and we can't wait to see you all. Put me down for the corned beef restaurant when we're there in May.

Kristen said...

I believe I wanted to go to the Cultural museum when I was visiting, but you weren't having it. Which I guess was understandable given I'd made you walk miles and miles at 7 months prego. Love you! Looks like lots of fun!