Sunday, December 7, 2014

Thanksgiving

The week of Thanksgiving started off with Charlotte throwing up on Monday. She was up and down on Tuesday and Wednesday, kind of lethargic but she didn't throw up again, UNTIL 10 minutes before we were leaving for our Thanksgiving feast with friends. Craig actually wasn't feeling so hot on Thursday either, so he stayed home with Charlotte and Lincoln while Millie and I took our delicious sweet potatoes, rolls, and pies over to our friend's. Millie had a great time playing with the three other kids, two of which are her age. Don't worry, we brought home lots of leftovers for Craig and had pie for days (thank you Costco).
This year we thought (almost) daily of things we were grateful for and put them on the wall.
I can't remember many but some of Charlotte's were: that Jesus helps me, that Jesus died for us, Jesus giving us food (there were a lot about Jesus from her), my brother, my sister, toys, blankies, parties and celebrations, my bones and preschool.

Millie said "this day" or "my family" every day until I convinced her of something else--naps, rainbows, etc.
Some other things we were grateful for: Craig's job offers, nice cops (Craig got pulled over but just got a warning), lake Michigan, our health, food, prophets, netflix, etc.

Lincoln on Thanksgiving:

Millie on Thanksgiving:


Since Charlotte was sick we didn't do much during Craig's fall break, which was a total bummer. Thankfully by Saturday she was fine and the weather was balmy (40 degrees), so we got the heck out of the house and headed into the loop!
The Wrigley:


A few nights earlier they had the big lights festival on the Magnificent Mile so everything was lit up and gorgeous. There were tons of people out. We went to Chick fil a and I took the girls to the American Girl Store while Craig hit up a different store to look for a White Sox hat. The American Girl store is outrageous. They have a photo studio where you can take pictures with your doll, a hair salon (i don't know if this is to change your doll's hair or to make yours match...), cafe, "doll hospital", etc. No, I am never buying my children one, but the girls did have fun there.

We also went to Dylan's Candy Bar, which just opened. It was amazing and I felt like I was in Wonka's factory, on a smaller scale.
As usual, some of the buildings had festive lights on top. It's a horrible picture, but here is the Hancock sporting it's red and green:

1 comment:

Fabulous Featherette said...

What fun (but not the sick part)!
What cute children and what pretty lights! You do have many blessings.