Sunday, April 13, 2014

This week.

Charlotte loves doing puzzles lately. She got two puzzles from Grandma over spring break and does them each at least once a day. She is getting pretty awesome at this 48-piece Rapunzel one and does it without any  help.

Also loves these tanagrams--is that what they're called?
This week I had a parent-teacher conference with her teacher, Miss Bethanie. She said that Charlotte was wonderful, knows a lot more than she would expect a 3-year old to know, is a good listener, plays well with friends, etc. She also mentioned that Charlotte asks a LOT of questions. Tell me something I don't know. Charlotte also had a little spirit week at her preschool and Tuesday was "Dress like your favorite book character" day, so she chose Fancy Nancy. She didn't want to go all out with a bunch of hairclips and what not, but this works.

On Wednesday she had show-and-tell so she chose to bring in the latest picture of her baby brother:


I had a second ultrasound a couple of weeks ago because the first time around the tech didn't get as clear of pictures as she wanted of all the organs. I was totally looking forward to it and it would have been really fun if I wasn't seconds away from passing out the entire time! I had to stop and roll over on my side about 6 times during the ultrasound just so I wouldn't pass out. That happened to me a decent number of times when I was pregnant with Millie, but it is way worse this time around. Anyway, here is another picture at my mom's request. The huge black spot on his head is his brain and the other two spots are his eye-holes, which look a little creepy in u/s pictures.

Both girls took turns being sick this week--Millie had a fever, when we went to get Charlotte up in the morning she had thrown up on her bed, Millie seemed mostly better while Charlotte was sick and now they've switched places again. This is poor Millie curled up in the doorway to the kitchen while I was cooking dinner:

And Charlotte with her barf bowl:

Craig just started intramural soccer this week. It was the LDS team vs. the Hispanic team. Shockingly, Craig's team won. He played goalie and got a gnarly scrape from the rubber-turf field. It's ooziness forces me to keep him out of our bed so he has been sleeping on the couch for the past couple of nights.

It's looking better these days:

This weekend we went out to Ikea to get a new bookshelf since our other one was probably only days from collapsing on one of our children. Our toys and books are much more organized now. Hallelujah.


Ikea was right down the road from Bass Pro Shops, so we had to go and get the girls' picture with the Easter bunny. Charlotte's always been fine with creepy characters, but I was a little surprised that Millie liked him too and was snuggling up to him (though the picture doesn't capture that).


Charlotte had her back to the camera so Craig told her to turn around and say "cheese". Obviously I snapped this picture before she even knew where to look.


And a little sisterly love before church (Millie wasn't happy about it).

Today was Millie's first day in nursery! I will write more about that in her 18 month post.



3 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

Thank you for the ultrasound pic. He looks adorable! Ick to Craig's oozing calf. It does look a lot better in the second photo. Yay for team LDS!! Poor little Charlotte and Millie. So sad. Glad they are feeling better. Millie will eventually love nursery. I like their new Sunday dresses!

SAM!!! said...

You kicked him out of bed? In pain? In his moment of need? cold. Kids look cute except when they look like they're dying.

Unknown said...

Oozing, flesh eating pictures are so enjoyable to behold. That looks very sore. You have such a cute family.