Monday, March 10, 2014

Craig's Internship and Random Pics.

We decided on an internship! Craig will be working in Exxon's Fairfax, VA office for the summer. Assuming everything goes well with our baby, this makes for a pretty great summer situation! I will be with the kids at my parent's house, and Craig will come down on weekends to stay with us. We are really glad to have that decision made! He will head out mid-June and we will follow sometime after baby is born.

The girls watching something. Millie loves to do what Charlotte is doing...

Since starting preschool, Charlotte has had to go to a bunch of Dr.'s appointments. She had her first dental appointment, which I was worried about--let's just say I don't restrict what she eats very much...thankfully there were no cavities and she did awesome! She also had to get an eye exam. They dilated her eyes so when Craig brought her home she was wearing these:
I couldn't look at her without laughing. Tomorrow she has a physical and then we will be done with all of these appointments! Charlotte still loves preschool and her teachers have told me more than once what a joy she is to have in class and how quickly she catches on. I am so glad!

Craig had a case competition all day on Saturday, so we didn't do much this weekend besides go out to the Cheesecake Factory in the bottom of the Hancock building on Friday night. The Oreo cheesecake is soooo delicious.

This morning Craig hung out with us and we went to the Museum of Science and Industry since it's the last free day they are having for a while.


The beginnings of a tornado:

Riding on the airplane:


Watching the awesome pinball machine:

Playing with the water and balls in the kidzone. She could easily spend an hour standing in this same spot:

Letting the ball go up the vacuum:

We are FINALLY having some days of decent weather. Today it is 54 degrees! The windows are open and it's SO nice to wear a couple less layers. Don't worry, the high on Wednesday is back to 26 with a 60% chance of snow. I know we have all seen a million parodies of "Let it Go" from Frozen, but this one (by a Chicago news anchor) is my favorite since I personally am enduring this endless Chicago winter.

3 comments:

SAM!!! said...

That museum looks awesome. Glad ya'll are having some better weather.

Fabulous Featherette said...

It looks like a fun morning. How did the dr. appointment go? Only 12 more days!!

Annie said...

Congrats on the internship! So glad you won't be too far from each other!