Sunday, February 9, 2014

This week's happenings.

 We had a great week! The highlight was my ultrasound on Tuesday. The whole family came. I went first and the ultrasound tech measured and checked everything out, and then invited Craig and the girls in for the big gender reveal. It's a BOY! I was right! For now he is breech, and he had his legs tucked way under him, so I am glad we were able to even get a good look. Even though all things boy are completely foreign to me, I am really excited. Still somehow over the past few days when I go to look at boy things (clothes and fabric) I am totally drawn to the girl stuff and think it's a million times cuter...wish me luck in finding things that don't have dogs, balls, construction equipment and "daddy's ______" written all over them! Charlotte loves calling him by name and having me show her all of the ultrasound pictures we got. It will be so fun to have a new experience!

On Wednesday I went with another MBA wife and her kids and took Charlotte on a mommy-daughter date to see Disney on Ice at the United Center. It was super fun and Charlotte was totally enthralled with all of the princesses and characters!



Here is a horrible picture of Cinderella being lifted in the air with Minnie and the Fairy Godmother looking on:

Friday night our ward had their big annual Valentine's dance party. Crazy lights, sweet jams, a dessert contest and kids going wild on the dance floor. We all had a really good time! I tried to take a video of Charlotte dancing but it just shows up pitch black.
Yesterday I found a West Elm headboard I really liked on Craigslist for $50. We went up to Lincoln Park to look at it but it was a few inches too wide for our car, so we are entrusting this man with our money until we can borrow a car to go and pick it up--hopefully on Saturday! This is what it looks like...although ours is just a brown/natural wood color and I'm pretty sure this one is black:

2 comments:

SAM!!! said...

What's wrong with "dogs, construction, dinosaurs?" some boys actually like those things. Cool headboard. You are trusting with your money.

Fabulous Featherette said...

I love to see your cute girls. I'd like to see pics of the ultrasound, too. We can't wait to see you in March!