Sunday, December 2, 2012

Our week.

We had a busy week with 4 dr.'s appointments between just Craig and I (3 for me and 1 for him...) and a lot of fun stuff in between! I got an MRI for my headaches but nobody has called and told me anything about the results yet. I'm not even sure what they are going to tell me that we don't already know. Thankfully since I had a baby this year we should have to hardly pay anything for the MRI!

Craig heard about another business school interview this week and sent in what is hopefully his last application EVER!
Our friends, who are party-hosts extraordinaire, threw an ugly-sweater party. Goodwill had no shortage of ugly sweaters, but it was hard to find anything Christmasy, especially in the men's section. That's why Craig got to wear a too-short women's turtleneck with snowmen on it. (all of millie's pictures from her first few months of life will probably be in this backpack...it keeps her the happiest!) We played minute-to-win-it games and did a white elephant exchange. Fun times!
While we were at our sweater party Charlotte went to her first official birthday party for a little boy in our neighborhood/ward. She was the only girl there. She loved it. I think she actually prefers playing with boys.



Saturday morning I ran my first post-baby 5k. Gotta lose this baby/steroid weight somehow! It was a jingle bell run and people were decked out in all kinds of Christmas costumes. They also gave us each jingle bells to put on our shoelaces so we could make merry sounds while we ran.
Pre-race.
Almost done. Charlotte came to get me. It was super-foggy but the temp was perfect.
Post-race. This was my 2nd official 5k. It took me 32 minutes (a couple minutes longer than last time), but it was also only the 3rd time I have run since my 36th week of pregnancy, so I felt good enough about those results!



I am kind of relieved November is over. I am looking forward to lots of Christmas activities and travelling this month!

4 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

Way to go Candice! You even got a cute t-shirt and jingle bells for running. Craig's "sweater" made me laugh. We can't wait to see your little family. I'll be glad when your headaches are gone. Millie's hair is looking browner.

maynard said...

If you're carrying baby weight it's not apparent. Good job on the 5k. Charlotte has the O'Brien tongue action going on there.

Jessica said...

Wow-you're amazing.Seriously a 5K. I don't think I could even do that now. Miss you guys!

K said...

ha ha snowman turtleneck.