Thursday, December 13, 2012

Millie 2 months.

I realize I never wrote a one-month update on Miss Millie...what can I say? The neglect of all children after the first has already started. I really need to be better about taking pictures of her too. With Charlotte I had nothing to do all day but sit and take pictures of her, now life is a little busier and I feel like I hardly have any pics of Millie! We'll make that a New Year's Resolution.

Here are the stats from her Doctor's appointment this morning:

Weight: 12 lbs 3 oz (dang girl!)
Height: 22.25 inches
Head: 16 inches (read: big for all those brains)
 

She has recently started smiling and cooing and I love it. Overall she has been way fussier than Charlotte ever was, so getting happy interactions like that is especially rewarding. For a while there she had a fussy period in the morning and another around dinner time--she still does sometimes but not at the same level, and she seems to be outgrowing a lot of her crankiness. Hallelujah!  She eats a lot--usually 3-4 oz every 2 hours during the day. Carrying her carseat around is already hard so I have no idea what I'm going to do when she's like 4 months...
She takes a couple of good naps during the day and sleeps okay at night, usually waking up twice. Thankfully I don't feel sleep deprived at all this time around!  She loves having her diaper changed and taking baths with Charlotte. She falls asleep on almost every excursion, which most of the time makes going out really easy. Lately she has taken to trying to suck her fist. I'm guessing she will be a finger sucker like her sister (thanks craig)! Life with a second child is not the horror story that so many made it out to be. We love Millie!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Ah! Such a squishy cutie! Can't wait to meet her.

The Thompson Family said...

She is starting to show her little personality, so cute. Jane was 12lbs and 24in at 2 months. You are doing great with 2!! Yes not a horror story, wait till you have 3 haha just kidding. Love her.

Fabulous Featherette said...

She's a doll. I can't wait to see her and hold her again. What a cute smile!

K said...

Cute smile.

Kirk

maynard said...

Can't wait to meet Millie.

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I feel like in these pictures, she. is. craig. A feminine, sweet baby girl craig, but def his daughter!