Parade. This face shows how excited she was about an oncoming tractor...also, this was a Labor Day parade and we sat next to people who held up a personalized sign for every union that walked by...which meant that we scored ridiculous amounts of candy thanks to their efforts. It was awesome.
Some of Charlotte's BFF's gave her finger paints for her birthday and she LOVES them. Her hands look bloody and her face is a little scary in this one. We now have 14+ finger-painted creations.
Saturday we went to a local orchard to see some hot air balloons. They had a hay maze, playground and corn pit for the kids and Charlotte loved it. They also gave tractor rides, which was a highlight.
Kids were driving me insane in the corn pit, chucking it everywhere, pulling Charlotte onto their laps, laying her down, etc. Feral children. Charlotte didn't seem to care at least.
They decided it was too windy to actually fly the hot air balloons...so instead they just inflated them. We left before we saw very many. Oh well...at least they let us park for free so it only cost us $2...
In other news, Charlotte has become totally obsessed with the logos on the front of cars. Every night during our walk she stops at each car and says what kind it is. Our walks take a long time. She knows Ford, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Honda, Subaru, Kia, Hyundai, Chevy, Jeep, Nissan, Pontiac, Dodge and GMC....I am waiting for this phase to pass.
I realized I haven't written much about this pregnancy. Baby is SOOOO active I feel like she is hardly ever still! She moves so much that a lot of the time it physically hurts. I am always glad for the reassurance, though. Last night I went to the bathroom 7 times in 15 minutes. REALLY. On the only day I ever took an official tally, I went 26 times in 15 hours. Pretty sure I beat that record yesterday. I ran in the mornings up until week 33. Now I get too crampy so I just walk. If we hit 39+ weeks I may have to start "running" again to force her out. I am pretty sure she will come a little early, though. I can't believe she is almost here! We are really excited. Love her already.
4 comments:
That is so funny that Charlotte knows all of the car logos! I don't think I even know them all. I never cease to be amazed at how smart she is! She sure is a cutie pie!
So excited for you guys! And I cracked up at the picture with Charlotte's serious face and bloody hands. A picture worth printing, most definitely.
She's a hoot! You three have lots of fun weekends. We still need to see your 8 month baby bump!
Theme seems to be tractors.
-K
Post a Comment