The weather for the fair was perfect. Overcast and not hot or cold.
The Iowa State Fair is known for their butter sculptures so of course we had to see that exhibit. This year it was Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs in addition to the life-size butter cow.
Charlotte loved seeing all the animals up close. Especially this pig that was talking to her through his gate.
We stopped to pet this horse and this nice/kind of scary man took Charlotte from Craig's arms and pulled her up onto the saddle. She looks terrified here but she really liked it.
She also loves tractors. Seriously.
We wanted to try their red velvet funnel cake but only had enough cash to get plain (didn't want to use their atm). C was skeptical at first.
It was delicious.
Iowans really like to carve things out of food I guess. Here is the "World's largest chocolate moose in captivity". It was huge.
We had such a fun day in Des Moines but I think the overall concencus was that it isn't that much better than the Utah State fair...just bigger. As usual, there was no shortage of hilarious haircuts/outfits to see and lots of fried food. We are glad we went!
4 comments:
that looks fun and it looks like that pig is smiling at you. mmmmmm smiling creatures.
This post made me laugh! I love the sculptures,(especially the 7 dwarfs), the smiling pig, little C's adorable faces, her Chick-fil-a cow but I'm not loving that scary man who took her from Craig. What a cute family you are!
I keep hearing about this red velvet funnel cake...must try some! Have you seen how much of the structure is already up at the new Chick Fil A in Papillion?
i can't say i'm not impressed with that chocolate moose!
i want to see more pics of pregnant you!
Post a Comment