Monday, April 4, 2011

Planes & Trains.

This weekend consisted mainly of errands and watching General Conference. Saturday morning was spent at the Bishop's Storehouse and then 2 hours at the mitsubishi dealership while we waited for them to fix the rattling sound our car was making. I guess we're still waiting for that to be fixed because it started rattling on our way home. Surprisingly I didn't mind hanging around the dealership--free drinks, wifi, and a nice TV with cable that we don't have at home. Craig spent the entireity of the 2 hours chatting it up with some man about stocks, bonds, BNSF, UP, NS, unions and other railroad jargon. Yes, since Craig began his new job at UP I can now name all of the major railroad companies in the United States. He also quizzes me on types of trains and where coal comes from. Don't be jealous. It is such fascinating information. Speaking of trains, yesterday the weather was bomb (in the 70's) so between conference sessions we walked down the street to Kennefick Park, where they keep two massive locomotives/engines/whatevers.
Don't be fooled, Charlotte can only stand for about 20 seconds at at time, while holding on to something. Really what we need to practice is crawling. We're on it.
Craig and Charlotte with "Big Boy".
Oooh her little body is soooo cute! You can also actually see some of her hair in this picture. It doesn't show up much because it's super light/fine and there isn't tons of it, but it seems like she gets more all the time. PS:her baldness did not come from me. When I was giving birth and the Dr. could finally see some of her head, her hair was the first thing I asked about. He exagerrated and made it sound like there was lots. Tevs.
This weekend we also enjoyed eating BBQ with friends, relaxing as a fam and listening to the Prophet and General authorities speak.

In other news, I bought my first plane ticket this week to go to my fam reunion this summer. Craig doesn't get enough days off to go with us. We finally ordered a forward-facing stroller for C so we won't have to carry her around anymore. Pinterest.com is my new fave website. Craig and I now say both "Tevs" and "totes". I am ruining his vocabulary, brain, and manliness. It is so windy today. I hate wind. I have to wear my hair up because of it. My hair looks weird in a ponytail at this length. It's neither a cute nub nor long and flowing. I think I don't want to move to Chicago after this because of wind and cold, but if that's where Craig gets into school I will do it anyway and not whine about it. I think I will go to Home Depot today and surprise Craig by purchasing new light switches all by myself. I think I will wait until he gets home to put them up because if I don't, I think I will get electrocuted.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

hahaha...you. make. me laugh!

BTW, little C is not bald! Her hair is just so blonde that it matches her scalp. If she were a true brunette, she'd look like she was wearing a toupee. Who wants that?

Kristen said...

What is "totes"? Dan and I were trying to figure that out.

I love the pictures! She is so cute standing there all by herself. And I think you WOULD complain about the cold and wind. I think anyone would. But if you moved to Chicago, I'd TOTALLY come and visit.

Linze Kate said...

She looks like she's getting SO big! And no fear about the hair... it'll come. She's so adorable.

I'm glad your fam got to come visit and that GC weekend was a good one. I'm glad I've gotten to the age in my life where I truly appreciate the messages and lessons shared.
Love your face.
*muah*

SAM!!! said...

chicago has to be better than omaha.