Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend in KC.

We spent Easter weekend with my relatives in Kansas City. Craig had Good Friday off of work so we got to enjoy a long weekend! On our way we hit up Oklahoma Joe's BBQ--soooo delicious. We spent the rest of the day hanging out with my family, playing games and eating yummy food (that happened every night of the trip). Saturday my aunt was in charge of a big ward Easter party. Girlfriend knows how to plan/execute an event. She even rented a bunny costume for my cousin to prance around and frighten small children in. Sadly after we helped set up we had to take Charlotte home for a nap so we missed pretty much all of the party.

Here are 3 of my cute cousins--Jessie, Daniel (bunny) and Jennie.



That afternoon the girls went out shopping and Craig stayed home with the guys (and Charlotte) watching sports and doing whatever else boys do. Good times had by all.
Easter morning Craig put on the bunny suit so that Charlotte could get some pictures with him. I was laughing so hard I was crying as I took the pictures of him frolicking around. My aunt and uncle's neighbor came out on his deck and was laughing with me. So hilarious.





Peek-a-boo!



Hee Hee.

I was really surprised that Charlotte wasn't scared of him. Not that she really liked him either...



Little C and me on Easter.

"Who are you?"

Ready for church in her Easter outfit.




With Dad.



Sunday we went to church and had an amazing Easter feast afterwards. We had such a great trip! It was nice to have a weekend away, to relax and to spend time with my family. Thanks to the Drake fam for a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

ashley mikell said...

You look gorge. Your baby is adorable. And that easter bunny is scary.

Lauren Jayne said...

What a cute Easter outfit, do they make that in my size? No trip to KC is complete without a stop at Oklahoma joes, TJ and I hit it up this weekend too!

Danny said...

I adore Little C in her easter outfit. Too cute. I think Craig should take up being an Easter bunny for a living. He looks like a natural at it.

Kristen said...

I am really surprised that Craig was so good at prancing around in the get-up. He's a natural.
And C's dress is SO cute! Who knew they made shrugs that small?
Looks like you had a fun time w/ family.

Colleen said...

Thanks so much for making the drive down. We LOVED having you and hope you'll come again soon. :)

maynard said...

Great photography. That shot of Charlotte in her Sunday dress on the grass is outstanding.

Craig is the next Cosmo!

Linze Kate said...

Oh my word - I love the bunny suit pictures! Hahaha... Craig is too funny! What a good dad/sport...

She just keeping getting cuter and cuter - and ADORABLE little dress with the sweater. She is already her mother's child! :)
*muah*

P.S. I'm also in love with YOUR yellow dress! Tre chic!