Sunday, January 23, 2011

4 months.

So Charlotte really turns 5 months this week, but this is better late than never, at least for my journaling purposes!

Her 4 month stats:
Weight: 12 lbs. 7 oz. (19th%)
Height: 24 1/2 inches (53%)
Head Circumference: 41 cm (46%)

Still a petite thang, but she does have a belly, a couple of thigh rolls and her forearms are like sausages. She has rolled from back to belly and belly to back but doesn't do it consistently. She is sleeping a lot better--2 nights ago she slept for almost 12 hours! She goes to bed earlier now (7:45ish) and sleeps for usually an 8 hour stretch, then 3 or so more hours after she eats. We stopped swaddling her legs and I think it is actually helping her sleep better--she doesn't get all worked up trying to wiggle out of her blanket! We started her on rice cereal (loves) and also applesauce (doesn't love...yet) and sweet potatoes (likes). She loves to have books read to her (especially Moo, Baa, La La La) and will put anything she can into her mouth--fingers:

feet:

other people's fingers, papers, blankets, etc. She loves the bath so we have been giving them to her every night after she eats. She smiles all the time (although not always for the camera) and is laughing a lot more. She is so darling.

Today church was cancelled and this afternoon I came into the living room and found this:
So tender. Life is good. I am just so ready for winter to be over. Cabin fever has definitely set in. This morning when we got up weather.com said -3 degrees but feels like -20. SERIOUSLY. I am dying to take her on walks. I need a sun lamp. I think I say that every year. OI.

5 comments:

SAM!!! said...

-20? wowza that's cold. How does the black squirrel survive? Hibernation?

whitney mellor said...

Wow she is so gorgeous!!! You have to be proud!! Sleeping 12 hours sounds so magical....someday Lincoln...someday. And the name Lincoln-yes I loved it when you said it!! It's so funny you said that cause we love the name Charlotte-our kids will just be twiners!!! Great taste :) Miss you out here and hope you're doing well out there-even though it's freezing!

maynard said...

Yum, Toe jam.

Danny said...

She is so adorable. I can't believe she is going to be 5 months already! What a sweet picture with Craig. May loves Moo Baa La la la too! She reads it to herself now-it cracks me up.

Danny said...

She is so adorable. I can't believe she is going to be 5 months already! What a sweet picture with Craig. May loves Moo Baa La la la too! She reads it to herself now-it cracks me up.