Yesterday during church our car was broken into and our phones were stolen. I'm glad that was all he had time to take before he got scared away by someone. And he didn't break any windows in the process (we locked it, and it also locks automatically after a minute, so he must have used a tool). And our GPS was not in the center console. Craig's phone will be cheap because he's had it for so long, and taking mine was stupid because it can't get the internet, it doesn't receive texts, basically it's archaic and he's not going to get much money for it. Anyway, we get to spend our night at the Verizon store. Fun.So in an effort to be a better wife, I started cooking more real food this summer and tried having dinner ready for Craig when he got home from work (I also pick him up from work so he won't have to take the bus...good wife award!). And with 10 pounds to lose (STILL!) from having a baby, I'm convinced that having actual meals is making me fatter. It's not like we're even eating things that are really unhealthy. I just weighed a lot less when we used to have cold cereal for dinner because we were so tired after work and school that we didn't want to wait for something to cook. I think I have proven to Craig that I am capable of making a decent meal when I try/when I feel like it. I kind of doubt I will ever LOVE to cook, though.
On Friday we went to a DDD restaurant (Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives)--California Taco. Super crowded with Creighton students and kind of in the ghetto, but good food. Especially the taco shells. We want to hit all the DDD restaurants in Omaha while we live here.
Lately I am crazy-paranoid about having mice in our house. I haven't seen one, but I always imagine them. I HATE MICE. This is going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
It snowed this weekend. I think you all know how I feel about snow. And the sun going down at 5. Woof.
Charlotte had a major blowout while I was writing this. She smiled the whole time while I schemed how to take off her onesie without covering her face with fecal matter.
The end.
12 comments:
Remember the mice in our apartment and how we both FREAKED out and I ended up putting on my galoshes because I didn't want the mice to even get near my feet? Yeah, I hope that doesn't happen to you again.
oh, and maybe now since you had to get a new phone you'll get one that does receive texts!? or is that just wishful thinking?
don't worry about 10 lbs! i STILL have that to loose and the week i started "counting calories" and exercising, my milk supply went way low so i'm just chilling and waiting and enjoying the extra chub:) you look GREAT!
I still have 10 pounds, too. It's not going anywhere. I'm just going to wait until I'm done nursing, I think. I've been trying to lose 5 before Christmas, but nothing is happening. I also think it has to do with cooking real food. And baking delicious cookies...
And sorry about your car. That stinks. People are silly. I wonder why they targeted your car.
I can't decide which is worse-broken into car or snow.
Charlotte is a doll. Definitely don't miss the blow out days. Good job being a good wife. I hate taking Zach to work-so I don't- but at least he has the option to bring a car home.
You crack me up. I love Charlotte's little hat. So cute. Sorry about the car...no fun at all! And you definitely deserve the good wife award. I've tried to cook several times, but after Preston and I attempt to eat it, we take a break for a bit and go back to breakfast for dinner.
Gotta love the fort st building. I have been paranoid about my car lately, another friend had hers broken into at the gym last week. I need to go to California taco still, way to go for beating me there. I seem to remember Craig being pretty handy at catching mice, let's hope he does not have to bust out those skills anytime soon though!
why is everyone
posting twice?
That is so lame about your car! Happy Thanksgiving.
SO sorry about the phones and car... BOO. That's lame sauce.
As for the snow too... BOO DOUBLE. I am NOT loving it here in Germany either... especially with having to bike everywhere. Woof, is right.
Love you - you're baby girl gets cuter and cuter each entry - WOW! Her eyes - SO big and beautiful!
*muah*
Post a Comment