Wednesday, July 14, 2010

birthing class. etc.

Last night Craig and I went to our first of 6 birthing classes at my hospital. It was us and 3 other couples. And the nurse who kept throwing random swear words into her presentation. The 3 other girls were all like twice as big as me in the baby bump. And not due until the end of October. I hope that even though my bump isn't big, Charlotte will still be chubby. Chubby babies are just cuter to me. But if she comes out skinny, don't remind me that I said so. I can't tell you how much Craig has been looking forward to attending these classes. I wish you could have seen his face when he saw how big 10 cm was. HA! It seemed like I had to keep from laughing for a decent chunk of the presentation--it didn't help that Craig was sitting next to me squeezing my leg every time he felt uncomfortable (that might have been enough times to leave a bruise), or that when they passed around the Dilation Chart different happy faces were drawn in each circle:


I actually thoroughly enjoyed myself. For 2 hours I got to sit and eat oreos with Craig (they had LOTS of snacks) and think about our darling baby. And have Craig give me massages. I can't believe she will be here in less than TWO MONTHS?! That's crazy talk.
Today it is 94 degrees but the heat index says it feels like 113 degrees. And it is SO humid . My sunglasses fog up everytime I go outside. This is a great excuse for me to wash baby clothes and watch episodes of "The Hills" from the comfort of our couch. {ps Spencer Pratt is PSYCHO.}
This past weekend we went to the zoo. It's a great one, and less than a mile from our house. We walked around for about 5 hours (until I thought I was going to die because it was super hot) and didn't see it all, but we bought a pass and will be going back a lot! The indoor rainforest is pretty sweet.
And the penguins were really fun to watch.

A couple of weeks ago Craig was called to be in the Young Men's presidency. At first he was dreading it but now he's really excited. Once I got asked to be the Ward Welfare Specialist he realized how lucky he was (also once he found out he wouldn't have to do anything with scouts). There are 3 young men in our ward but we have been told they are about equal to handling all of the other young men in the stake combined. Craig is going to be great at it.

That's the latest and greatest from the Carter fam!

8 comments:

Gretchen said...

Young mens is awesome. You can have a real impact.
Kirk

Sarah said...

Sounds like Craig acted a lot like Dave in the birthing class. :)

Dave and I are totally jealous of the zoo, and I get more and more excited when I hear about your redecorating adventures! Oh, to someday have a house I can do something to!!!

Hali said...

Oh! Lit'l Charlotte is going to be here so soon! [Ps...I'm finding your birthing class stories oddly amusing, so keep those coming please. ;-)] Sounds like all is well! Yay.

Loves from Utah.

Caytee said...

Woohoo! It's coming up! I thought the birthing class was hilarious. Preston kept getting worried once they showed the videos and that smiley faced dilation chart. Ha ha! Craig will be perfect for YM. We wish you guys were still here. I keep seeing super cute baby girl stuff and thinking of you! Keep us posted!

Lauren Jayne said...

You should remind Craig about how uncomfortable I may or may not have felt when you were doing your "excercises" before you got married!

The penguins are my favorite by the way!

Gretchen said...

Oh, birthing classes...you should see the power point the birth center just sent me! There were some nice pictures of a placenta on there!

Danny said...

Craig cracks me up. I had a super small baby bump too and May was born skinny but after about a month she had doubled in weight and we still got to enjoy the cute chubby baby stage. Personally I'd rather birth a skinny baby but maybe that's just me being a wimp :). I want to see your remodel pics!

Linze Kate said...

Craig will be great with the YM and whippin' em' into shape - I'm sure of it.

I'm SO glad you enjoyed birthing classes... It makes me less worried about having kids one day, for some reason. I mean, eating and oreos and getting massages - I can do that? Maybe I'll just go hit one up now... Haha!
*muah*
P.S. Spencer is SO crazy, they kicked him off the last few episodes. Enough said. Good thing Heidi is crazy too.