Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Fair

We have been busy lately. Every night after work I have had somewhere I need to go. Tonight I don't have anywhere I need to be, and I'm lovin' it. I am in sweats and it isn't even 7 o'clock. So sue me. Here are a few pictures from the past couple of days:

We had dinner with Craig's HS friends and their wives. They're funny when they all get together.
The wives.

Last night we went to the Utah State Fair. It was both wonderful and terrible for a few different reasons. Wonderful: A plethora of delicious/fattening foods. Fun environment. The rain only lasted a little while. The company. White trash goods for sale everywhere you turn. Cool photography. Interesting animals (never knew a goat's udder could get that big. I also got an anatomy lesson from the sheep. Sick.)

We bought fried frog legs and they were a lot better than I thought they would be. Basically tastes like chicken. Now I know why Survivor Man and Bear Gryllis eat them. I wanted to try alligator on a stick too, but fair food is expensive!
B-I-L Tony eating a frog leg.

Craig doing the same. I looked g-ross so I cropped myself out!

Terrible: We were about to leave when we saw this tent that was advertising the "World's Smallest Woman". The advertisement kept saying "come and hold her like a baby, blahblahblah." We decided that someone had to go in. I decided that person would be me. Call me a fool, but I didn't think it would be a real person, kind of like the time that we stopped at "South of the Border" (between North and South Carolina) because they were advertising that they had a Great White Shark and it was just a plastic shark hanging from the ceiling. A hoax. Anyway, I walk in and there is a real woman sitting in this tiny thing looking SO SAD. I didn't know what to do so I said "hi" and kept walking. And then I felt like trash for paying to look at her and I wanted to cry! Ugh.

Speaking of the "South of the Border" Truck Stop, I found this picture of one of their billboards and it makes me laugh. Billboards like this line the highway for like 100 miles and they stand approximately 10 feet apart from each other. I'll have to take Craig someday.
In other news, today was my first day with kids at work. I can already tell that manners are going to need a lot of work. Nobody peed their pants. I hope it's a long time before someone does. My headaches are all of a sudden back with a vengeance. Kill me. Craig just started Orem Ultimate frisbee. He's good. People who play frisbee (generally, and with the exclusion of my husband) are fanatics about it. I think it's weird when grown men with like 3 kids are still all about it. I also think it's crazy how one of the wives stands on the sidelines and films the entire game so that it can be posted on Youtube. I can't believe anyone would watch that. Maybe nobody does. Maybe I'm a bad wife because I don't want to film an entire frisbee game. Maybe Craig just loves me too much to ask me to do something so horrendous. Tomorrow his intramural flag football games begin. We're bringing treats. Not good treats like hi-C and a Kudos bar--watermelon because it is huge and I have no idea what else I would do with it. I am becoming a soccer mom and I don't even have kids. Just found out the season premiere of The Biggest Loser is on. Watched it for 5 minutes and tears are already rolling out of control.
The end.

13 comments:

Laura said...

Oh Candice...you crack me up!

Jessica said...

#1- Cute shirt...seriously where do you find these things? #2 Zumba on Monday was awesome, we did it the whole hour and we are doing it every Monday now. #3 We should go do our couples photo shoot together soon.

Caytee said...

I love it! Thanks for coming guys! And good luck super soccer mom...you get to work with kids all day and come home to one too! ha ha! You guys are great!

Colleen said...

Dear Candice, I love you. And I so love reading your blog. The end.

K said...

funny story about the wee little woman.

Aaron and Megan Young said...

Candice....you just crack me up!! You always seem to take the words right out of my mouth. I loved the part about the wives video taping their husbands, when she also has three kids screaming next to her....why? lol....great minds think alike and that is why we are friends! It becomes apparent more and more everyday. Love and miss y'all dearly!

Brooke said...

i also loathe the south of the border signs that drag on for 120+ miles in both directions and amount to a trashtastic truck stop that was outdated in the 80s.....

Kristen said...

Poor little woman. My favorite South of the Border sign is "Chili today, hot tamale!"

SAM!!! said...

south of the border is a super place. There are many excellent photos of me there.

Hali said...

Busy beavers! Yikes!

Fun to see you. We should all do a girl's night soon!

The Fox Family said...

i LOVE your new header. SO CUTE!!! is it that colorful there already or are those from last year?

Kimmy Morley said...

Can we get together soon...please?!

Anonymous said...

order viagra online viagra vs cialis viagra for sale without a prescription buy viagra in england 2007 viagra hmo suppliers of viagra viagra commercial canyon filmed buy viagra in england viagra suppliers in the uk buy viagra online uk viagra uk cheap purchase buy viagra australia generic viagra cheap viagra patent