Thursday, August 20, 2009

Canyons.

This weekend we stayed down in southern Utah and explored. First, we went to the Grand Canyon. Craig has lived 3 hours away his whole life and never been. I had been, but we were all young and thought it was stupid. This time, I appreciated it and we had a lot of fun!

Bison greeted us when we came into the North Rim.

Chillin' outside the lodge (which was really pretty).
That sign basically sums up that part of AZ. Classy.
The next day we went to Bryce Canyon. It had been a couple years since the last time I went.
On the way home last night there was a big fire.
We also stopped in Beaver to go to the Bambi Cafe. My family stopped there on a road trip years ago and we always laughed about it being beat. Then I found out Craig's great-grandma worked there forever. Woops. Anyway, it is only open for lunch, so we'll have to hit it next time.
On a completely unrealted note, today I went to the dentist for the first time since we've been married (a year and a half). I used to go every 6 months, so I was scared that they would find something wrong. I am proud to announce that they could tell immediately that I am an avid flosser. I passed with flying colors. They also gave me a flower. Totally presh!

9 comments:

Caytee said...

Yea for roadtrips. I love the Bambi Cafe story. I have to admit I know exactly where it is but haven't ever been there.

Ben and Camille said...

so fun! love your pictures. i haven't been to the dentist for a year either. marriage does that to you. i think about it though, everytime i brush my teeth. you guys are cute.

Kristen said...

GAARRRgeous pictures! So pretty! I love the one of Bryce. I sat next to a lady from Panquich (I don't know how to spell it. It's near Bryce) at the temple the other day.

Jessica said...

I wish I was as lucky as you at the dentist. Ugh...my stupid 'soft' teeth. I just want them to give me all fake teeth now so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

SAM!!! said...

speak for yourself when you say you hated the old roadtrips. I was old enough to appreciate bryce and the gradn canyon the first time.

maynard said...

Candice,
Fantastic pictures. Your skills, combined with your camera are the a great match. I love the panorama shots, etc..

Too bad the cafe was closed. It is legendary.

Danny said...

Love the pics. I especially love Craig's girl face. Zach had been to the canyons but he doesn't think they're that cool. I think he's crazy! I would've gone at least once a year if I lived there. But I guess when you live near something it loses its magic.

Jayci said...

i LOVE the HUGE pictures!!! very striking. And that smoke picture is totally cool. ha ha El Bambi?! Neato. :) Go Craig's Grandma! nice job passing the dental test!

Linze Kate said...

You're grand canyon shots are GORGEOUS! Dang, girl - you got some photo action talent!

I'm glad y'all are such a fun couple...
*muah*