Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Thought


"This is Easter morning. This is the Lord’s day, when we celebrate the greatest victory of all time, the victory over death.
There is nothing more universal than death, and nothing brighter with hope and faith than the assurance of immortality. The abject sorrow that comes with death, the bereavement that follows the passing of a loved one are mitigated only by the certainty of the Resurrection of the Son of God that first Easter morning.
What meaning would life have without the reality of immortality? Otherwise life would become only a dismal journey of “getting and spending,” only to end in utter and hopeless oblivion.
“O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?” (1 Cor. 15:55).
The pain of death is swallowed up in the peace of eternal life. Of all the events of the chronicles of humanity, none is of such consequence as this.
Towering above all mankind stands Jesus the Christ, the King of glory, the unblemished Messiah, the Lord Emmanuel. In the hour of deepest sorrow we draw hope and peace and certitude from the words of the angel that Easter morning, “He is not here: for he is risen, as he said” (Matt. 28:6). We draw strength from the words of Paul, “As in Adam all die, even so in Christ … all [are] made alive” (1 Cor. 15:22).---President Gordon B. Hinckley

1 comment:

Jayci said...

I love Easter. I love the Resurrection. I love our Savior. I love Prophets. I love this post. Thanks for sharing. Happy Easter!