Friday, November 7, 2008

'Tis the season

1. For getting married! Let the constant stream of wedding receptions begin. I love it. I especially love non-mormon wedding receptions, because, let's be serious, they are typically way more fun than lines, nasty nuts/mints, watery punch and trying to make a basketball hoop look presentable. Last night we went to Craig's cousin's ritzy wedding at a lodge in Park City. It was the bomb! A full meal of salmon, asparagus, etc, an open bar (which for us meant all the soda I want), cameras on the tables so I could take a bunch of ridiculous pictures (even though the bride and groom hardly know me) and best of all, the dancing.
Craig used to be not much of a dancer, then he married me. I broke him from the chains of self-conciousness that once held him captive. Okay, that's extreme, but he does dance now, and it's hilarious. What was more hilarious was watching a bunch of intoxicated old people dance to Prince and Abba. I lovvvvve to dance. Not with any kind of skill, but with reckless abandon. I think Craig and I were the only mormons still on the dance floor when "Sexual Healing" came on.
We had a blast, and I am excited for the 4 upcoming wedding receptions that we are going to. {pictures were too hideous to post}

2. For Christmas music. I don't care what you say. If you ask me, Christmas doesn't last long enough. And Thanksgiving doesn't have special music. So lately I have been enjoying the likes of

(as well as all the classics of course), and in a matter of days you can enjoy them as well, on our glorious blog--once this joint gets all Christmas'd out. Mute it if you want to be a hater. Love me or leave me.
3. Atrocious weather. Snow is pretty to look at, but awful to deal with. Especially when I'm driving to Payson everyday!
4. Wearing a coat over all your cute outfits.
5. And all the fantastic things that come with the holidays--food, family, fun, and focusing on what's actually important. (given the topics of some of my blog posts, you may be wondering if I do realize what's actually important. Answer: YES.)

6 comments:

Ben and Camille said...

LOVE *Nsync Christmas!!! I've been listening to that too! Go girl!

Cyd said...

I've totally agree with the Christmas music thing. I started secretly listening in my car and I'm slightly embarrassed when someone gets in and I've forgotten to change the station when I got out.
We are heading down to Cedar for Thanksgiving so hope to see you then!

Hali said...

AMEN to the Christmas music!!! Mine comes on the day after Halloween, and stays on until New Years. Ha ha... drives those around me nuts!

PS... care to teach me some mad dance skillz?

K said...

Other than the temple aspect, non-mormons have a monopoly on wedding planning skillz. And, for that matter, wedding gift giving skillz.

Kristen said...

I'm excited to see you guys soon. Craig will have to give me and Sam and taste of his mad dancing skills. Will he go crazy to trans Siberian with us this christmas? Did I write that right? Oh, well.

Amy and Andrew said...

CANDICE! I just read your blog, and well I wrote on Sunday about my christmas joys, and i noticed the home alone clip? WEll...LETS get together and have a home alone night haha! BECAUSE I LOVE THAT MOVIE! we can have ice cream sundays and a microwave dinner! what do you say?!?