Yesterday I officially became a BYU grad (cue the cougar fight song on my playlist). Holla atcha girl! It was so much fun. I got to spend time with family, eat at my favorite restaurants, get lots of money, the works! BYU is the bomb. Our baby girl's first outfit will be a mini cougar cheer outfit. Even though I sometimes get sick of Provo (and always get sick of the Utah weather), I am happy that Craig has a couple of years left so I don't have to totally let go of my college-town life!

Thursday was commencement with the grads from all the departments. Elder Scott was our main speaker. Afterwords we met some more family at PF Changs for a delicious celebratory dinner.

An enthusiastic thumbs up.

Raise the roof! When I asked my dad to do this, he had no idea what I meant. Turns out he's pretty good at it!
Many thanks to family members who came from far away and totally spoiled us!
Friday was my actual convocation at the Wilk. One of my fave professors spoke, and the ceremony was surprisingly short!

Getting my fake diploma and shaking some random man's hand.

My precious husband gave me 2 dozen pink roses and his sister gave me some gorge pink geber daisies. My parents got me a pretty fresh-flower lei from the poly's across the street. Needless to say, I smelled great, and felt like Miss America (minus the cardboard square sitting on my head!)

Some of Craig's fam.

I make Craig wear whatever tie matches my shoes and/or outfit. He loves it.


Later we went around campus and had a photo shoot. My mom had some problems with timing during the jumping pictures! Luckily my dad got some good ones on his camera.

Ride that cougar.

I LOVE IT when they light the Y, and this time it was for me!
6 comments:
CONGRATS you big grad! Welcome to the world of no more college ha ha! Glad you had such a good day.
And PS... the hair loos fab underneath the cardboard box! :)
Just for you!! How exciting. :) I think it must have been SO exciting to finally graduated. ... I have FIVE more classes. woohoo!! You are my exemplar. Congrats on being officially DONE. You two look awesome!
Congrats GRAD! You made it! Welcome to the sugar momma world.
congrats now we can say that our whole family is smart enough to graduate college... except Craig I guess.... hmmmm
CONGRATS!!!! how did we get so old? weren't we both still at liberty square!? ahh.
You got to wear a navy blue cap and gown? Cool. OUrs were black.
Post a Comment