Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend fun

This weekend was so so so so good!!! Friday was my last day of work as a paraeducator at Timpanogos Elementary (I worked with the resource/special ed kids). We had a field day at the park and I helped run the games while getting a tan and eating otterpops. It rocked. After that we went to a steakhouse for a big teacher lunch and they made me stand up and gave me presents because I'm leaving--a way cute children's book, movie tickets, etc. I'm spoiled!
Friday night we went to a show at BYU's planetarium. It was way cool, especially going up on the roof to use the telescopes and spying on all the couples who had hiked the Y. Then we went to Ella Good (duh, I'm obsessed).
Saturday my roommate Nicole (from freshman and sophomore years) and I hosted a bridal shower for our friend/ex-roomie Jess. It was a lot of fun, and I am so glad that we all lived up to our award of "freshman couples most likely to get married"! They're so cute.
Phil got Jess this apron from this cute kiosk in the mall called "Flirty Aprons". It's darling. We made her pretend like she was cooking something. I don't know the last time I cooked something in a sugar canister, but hey. To each her own.

Craig and I spent the afternoon with Jess and Phil at the pool. I love afternoon's like that! We love hanging out with them. We've already decided that we will be the kinds of friends that take family vacations together--houseboat at Lake Powell style.
Craig insisted that I put sunscreen on my scar but I couldn't see it so he did it for me--yeah, now I have a big white blotch on my chest surrounded by tan...the best part is that it's in the shape of a face and my scar is the eye (convenient, because it's shaped like one!). It's hilarious. (it's not very visible in a picture, that's why I'm not including one).
Later we had dinner at Costa Vida (I swear everytime we go out I want fresh-mex!) where we got to eat outside (yay!), and then we rented "Cloverfield". WOW. Quite possibly the DUMBEST movie I have ever seen! Weird alien creatures attacking the Earth is like, so "Independence Day". Haha. At least we got an hours worth of laughter out of it!
Today was just great because the weather was nice, church was good, we got to talk to Jeshua, one of our best friends from our freshman year who we haven't talked to in like 3 years, and then we went to a couple's apt from our ward to play Farkle (I'd never heard of it but it was really fun!). They're both from Georgia and they're hilarious. We had a blast.
It was so much fun to spend a lot of time together and with friends this weekend. We are so lucky to have such good friends and such a fun life!

3 comments:

SAM!!! said...

ya'll are super white! Neon white! I don't even think neon white existed before today. You're Dana white. You know who I mean... Where do you live? Utah or something? Don't you ever get sun there? It's June already! Just joshing ya' don't take the whole post down because I gave you a litle ribbing this time... you make a dog feel bad :(

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madelyn said...

So I wrote you a comment and then realized that I was signed in as Brian...so I deleted it. Anyways...it sounds like you guys had a great weekend! I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it to the shower, I had an appointment that I had to be to. How is Jesh doing? I hope you have a great day, and let me know if you guys are ever up for hanging out with me and Bri!