I am a bit of a germaphobe. I hate pushing shopping carts (if I have to I do it with my forearms), pulling door handles (especially coming in or out of bathrooms! Thankfully Craig opens pretty much all other doors for me), drinking out of cups at restaraunts if I don't have a straw, and pushing on those nasty swinging doors that some trash cans have. Using the pillows or blankets on airplanes is totally out of the question. Letting my own pillow touch the ground in my own apartment is even out of the question. If Craig wants to tease me, he grabs my pillow and dangles it over the ground. In fact, I am a psycho who will only sleep on a side of my pillowcase once--the next night I have to flip it to the other side, and after those 2 days, that puppy gets pulled off and I have to put on a new one. (Not a problem, I literally have like 15 pillowcases, and one for each holiday...thanks mom!). If I find hairs on any of my belongings that did not come from either me or Craig, I will be seriously disgusted. (Don't worry. This won't make me a bad mom. I'm not so crazy when it comes to kid germs. The hospital in Romania was like a festering germ pool, and I survived!)

Craig laughs at me because I always need to wash my hands after doing certain things--like using the computers at the library. Today a 50-something-year-old lady showed me exactly why I feel so disgusted after touching the keyboard and the mouse. She literally had one WHOLE finger in her mouth at a time. I just sat there and watched her (probably with my mouth gaping open, because I was so grossed out and wanted her to know it). Occasionally she would switch fingers. I mean I'm not talking about like nibbling on the nails, A WHOLE FINGER. She had to suck all the excess spit off after she took it out of her mouth. Then she proceeded to grab the mouse and type on the keyboard. It was SO SICK. I wish I never thought about these things, then I would be okay to eat pretty much anywhere. Unfortunately that's just not the case.
5 comments:
It no wonder when a couple posts before it asked about pets and you said EW!
Rightly so! Yay for germaphobes everywhere ha ha
Wow, I had no idea.....I'm pretty sure I haven't ever heard of another person who only sleeps on one side of their pillow case once. Don't worry though, I love you just the way you are:)
You're absolutely ridiculous. That's what makes you funny. This weekend I was at a big party at a bar for the law firm retreat. I asked for Sprite, they brought me a DISGUSTING club soda, and so I noticed another water on the table that was partly gone but didn't appear to belong to anyone. I thought, I'm thirsty, and the waiter's gone, I'll just drink that. So I did. Something tells me you wouldn't have done that.
And yet we would go pick up wet floor signs and put them on toilets and sinks and in the middle of the road! how could you be a germaphobe? haha good times
Post a Comment